Ruger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I have experience with Maverick 88s, Mossberg 500s, and Remington 870. I would take a new or used 500 or 870, almost without thought, but would not spend my money on a maverick, more jams than smuckers.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
TriStar makes a good pump for a small price, Wal-Mart sales them along with the H&R pumps....decent guns for the money....

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
how good is the savage 320?, my local store has a sale for $139. i called savage and they don't have any parts, not even small ones if i have a problem i would have to send the whole gun in for just the firing pin or ejector under warranty. thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
i went today and found a great deal on a new mossberg maverick 88, i got the gun for just over $150 otd. it has the 28" barrel but i can get a slug barrel for it to deer hunt if the field barrel doesn't shoot them well. the guy at the shop said he uses his 88 28" field barrel to shoot slug to 50yds and does good so i'm hopeful. thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I just picked up a Mossberg 500 3 in 1 for around $300.... I considered the Remington 870 but I prefer the tang safety on the Mossberg and I thought getting the extra barrel and stock made it too good to pass up....

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I have had a Mossberg 500 for many years and it has held up well. Not a big hunter, but it has been in the field after deer a few times and quail many times. I have tried smaller and light guns when going after quail, but I just seem to prefer my 500.

·
Registered
7 Posts
how good is the savage 320?, my local store has a sale for $139. i called savage and they don't have any parts, not even small ones if i have a problem i would have to send the whole gun in for just the firing pin or ejector under warranty. thanks
My father bought a 320 a few years ago. He got it on sale at Dicks. We shoot together often. Every outing, his 320 jams, sometimes so bad it needs tools to get it running again. It is a failure to eject issue.

Get a Mossberg 500.

EDIT...Just saw that the OP is several years old....Duh. Still, Mossberg 500s forever!!!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts