Ruger Forum banner

Best sights for lc9s?

33K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  Macdiver 
#1 ·
What are your opinions? I've been looking at the Williams fire sight. Links& pics helpful!

#2 · (Edited)
Here is a set of night sights for $80. You cannot see the fire sights at night when you are most likely to need the gun. If you shop around you can fins the sights for less. There is also a XS big dot model with a tritium insert in the rear sight.
XS Express Night Sight Set Ruger LC9 Matte Tritium Big Dot Front

Looking around I would just get a front night sight from ruger. If there is enough light to see the target there is enough light to see the outline of the rear sight. sighting will be as simple as putting the dot in the bucket. I have done a lot of night shooting. I have my own range and I shoot several night matches every winter. I doubt most police officers have done as much night shooting as I have. Moreover, most police ranges have a big sodium halide overhead light .

#3 ·
I had a gunsmith install these on mine, well worth the money, I'm impressed with how bright they are in low light and total darkness. I have fiber optics on my GP100 not real good in low light. I went with the Novak because the base of front sight on others brands are much narrower than the stock sight which exposes a great deal of the dovetail which in turn just looks ridiculous and unrefined. I don't have that issue with the Novak and was well worth the price not to have that sinking feeling every time I look at that front sight.

LC9® and LC9s® Novak® Rear Dot Tritium Night Sight-ShopRuger

LC9® and LC9s® Novak® Front Dot Tritium Night Sight-ShopRuger

#17 ·
I had a gunsmith install these on mine, well worth the money, I'm impressed with how bright they are in low light and total darkness. I have fiber optics on my GP100 not real good in low light. I went with the Novak because the base of front sight on others brands are much narrower than the stock sight which exposes a great deal of the dovetail which in turn just looks ridiculous and unrefined. I don't have that issue with the Novak and was well worth the price not to have that sinking feeling every time I look at that front sight.

LC9[emoji768] and LC9s[emoji768] Novak[emoji768] Rear Dot Tritium Night Sight-ShopRuger

LC9[emoji768] and LC9s[emoji768] Novak[emoji768] Front Dot Tritium Night Sight-ShopRuger

Have them on my LC9s & SR9c, they're great sights!

#4 ·
I agree with DSP24. I had installed the Novak night sights on my original LC9, and just recently purchased the LC9s and had the sights swapped out. They are excellent in all light conditions and look and fit the slide just like the OEM sights.

#6 ·
In my opinion, no sights. I have been training using natural point of aim. Rapid, accurate fire. I taped over my sights with black electrical tape during my initial training.

To me, this is not a target gun. It is a self-defense firearm. In any situation where I will need to draw my pistol, I want to be on target as quickly as possible.

#12 ·
You will love Tritium sights. I have tritium on my G19. They really help at night, especially with point shooting. By the time I fire two shots I have the gun up at eye level. I pick up the front tritium sight instantly. That is why I do not like the tritium rear sights. I only want to see one dot. It's not like you will have time to line up three dots in a typical SD situation.

#21 ·
I put XS Big Dot sights on my LC9sPro; love 'em. Agree it's not a target pistol (by any means), but, for me, knowing how it aims and shoots is enhanced (and sticks in my brain better) with the aid of the best sight acquisition tool I can get.

No doubt that a high-stress situation is not going to lend itself to "lining everything up," but that big white dot can't hurt.

#25 ·
I've always wanted a Browning designed hand gun, but have never had Wilson or Brown money. I ended up getting a Zastava M70A, a Serbian clone of the Tokarev T-33, which was Fedor Tokarev's tribute to John Browning. the gun is kind of crude in machining and the sights kept falling off. with about $230 invested, I just painted a white stripe down the slide and went back to the range. the white stripe helps orient the gun in the shooters outer vision. it shoots from the hip and shoots in the up in the line of sight position. it's really fun to practice with this and get shots off fast.
(here's an experiment-- take any handgun out to someplace safe to shoot, at night. with only moon light, maybe a street light, what can you see? see the sights? see the target?
now, blast a few rounds, what do you see? if you were doing this with a .357 snubnose, have somebody else drive you back home. hehehehehe.)

I just bought an LC9s, when I deem it reliable for carry, I will paint the whole front sight white and black out the rear sights(maybe file the rear sights wider?).

#28 ·
All these posts all of a sudden about replacing LC9(s) sights..... I was just fondling mine the other day thinking that the FACTORY sights are actually quite nice IMHO. With them, I am surprisingly accurate for 60+ yr old eyes and such a tiny gun and sight radius. Not that anyone would actually use the sights on a gun like this when it's being used for its intended purpose.

#30 ·
But a laser is even better. Yeah, it could be considered off topic but after I had my TFX Pro sites installed in my remarks above, I put a Crimson Trace laser on it and don't think I'd have another gun without one. In a dark room it lights it up (and the perp) and can be turned off and on with the middle finger on the gun hand as this is where the activation button is located. If the perp is looking near you, you can then shine it in his eyes, temp blinding him and he's at your mercy. Or if you can't take the shot turn it off and move to a different location and light up the, or another area again. Luv it, luv my laser!

#34 ·
Yes, they use a battery which Crimson Trace replaces once a year for free!

Don't get the Lasermax, you have to take the time to flip a switch to turn it on!! No time for that.

It is said that a green laser is easier to see than the red but I couldn't get green in the Crimson Trace for my gun. It was 162.

The best is supposed to be the Viridian but the cost is over 200 for green it looks like. This link shows one with green for the LCP/LCP9s and Pro. But I dunno about the auto activation holster it comes with and how it works. It's 219. Make sure that it can be turned on or off like my CT can, via a button behind the trigger guard or some guns have it on the rear where you squeeze it. Depends on the model of the gun it seems on the CT at least.

Viridian R5-LC9 Gun Laser Sights | Viridian Green Laser Gun Sights

On the main page there is a refurb one with a red laser for only 69 with the instant on holster. My holster is a CCW Talon Tuckable, meaning I can tuck my shirt in my pants with the holster designed that way for business or church so it's hidden. So read the reviews and choose carefully.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.