Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking the Butler Creek Magazine Loader or Champion Magazine Loader but wanted to see what you guys had to say.

I have never used a speed loader so I don't even know if they are really worth it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's hit or miss when loading the BX25 with the BC loader. I have two BX25's that load properly with the BC and two that don't, and must be hand loaded. Why, I do not know.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The Shooter's Ridge model works for me, but it IS finicky. Make sure you don't try to just press-click mags into it -- manually activate the spring-loaded buttons to open them up for loading a mag, and firmly seat the mag. Also, develop a steady rhythm in loading (turning the knob), and don't go too fast. Count the turns, or you can dent the "one too many" round. When you remove a mag, again manually activate the spring-loaded buttons AND turn the knob so that the loading structure blocks a round from coming out (even partially) or the next mag will have an issue.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well it loads them but the unloading seems to be the issue. For some reason when I use this loader with my BX-25 mags they jam to the point you have to hit them off something to get them freed up but so far it works fine with the mag it came with and the BX-1. Starting to get a little fed up with all the BX BS.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have the Butler Creek loader and it works fine with both the 10 and 25 round mags, but what I have found is you can't rush it, otherwise the rounds will jam and you have to back off to unjam the round. I just wish the hopper would hold more than 50 rounds at a time.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I have a Butler Creek loader and I haven't ever been able to get it to work. It just jams up all the time and I find that I can load the mags quicker by hand. I have yet to try the others.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Got a B/C speed loader and found it works fine with both my BX25 and Ruger 10 round magazines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts