Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
9mm Federal Hydra Shock, 135 grain, home defense in compact pistol and 9mm Federal Tactical 124 grain Hydra Shock in full size pistol.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I don't have a 9mm anymore. But when I did, 124 gr JHP was my minimum. I prefer 147 gr JHP's, but both are ridiculously scarce to find these days. I don't like +p's or +p+'s. May as well move on up to .40S&W if you feel you need hot 9mm loads.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have Speer Gold, but have never shot it at the price it costs. Remmington makes a 115 gr hollow point available at Walmart much cheaper. Either would do I guess.
How do you know if your handgun will cycle it? Defense rounds aren't cheap but money well spent to shoot at the range to ensure proper operation.

I am using Speer Gold Dot 115gr hollow points.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
For my new SR9c I got some Hornady Personal Defense 124 gr. TAP for concealed carry. For the range I got PMC Bronze 115 gr. FMJ.
Prices for both seemed to be reasonable.

·
Registered
951 Posts
the best ammo must run flawless and hit POA after that for bullet performance I prefer ~124-125gr +p I'm currently running Speer 124+p golddots. for a non +p load I prefer the 147gr bullets and am using Winchester Ranger T series.
I run the 124s in my CZ85,HK P7PSP and the wifes Sig P226 and the 147s in my BHP and LC9. I don't have a SR9c but my 2 cents is worth what you paid for it. lol

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.