Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the best thermal scope under $2k, but willing to pay a little more. I have no experience at all with thermals but have been doing a lot of research over the past month and am looking for any pointers! Thank you!

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
I have been looking also it wold be great to hear from someone who has one. I am leaning to the new generation of ThOR scopes. The features and battery time look great but have never seen a review from someone who owns the sight.

I am also weighing the the new X-sight but in CA I think your only option is thermal. I am surprised they have not gone after that loophole in their thought process yet.

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
At some point in time Thermal scopes have to come down to the price point where someone my age, 72 next month, can afford one. And so some young whipper-snapper just starting out on a life of shooting can afford one. I'm too tight to pay $2K for something I may not use much before I kick off, but I sure would like to have one. There are many feral pigs in this part of Oklahoma that need to meet a sudden cessation of life.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been using the Pulsar Core for some time (discovered here) and I'm quite happy with it. Use the green sapphire mode for hogs/coyotes mostly.

Be careful, the zero is fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts