Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you have Brimstone do yours? If so what tier 1, 2 or 3?
I did the tier 3..... We shoot at an outdoor range alot and you have to lock the bolt open when the range is cold. It is so much nicer just to pull that bolt back to release. And the trigger puts a smile on my face every time....

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I did the tier 3..... We shoot at an outdoor range alot and you have to lock the bolt open when the range is cold. It is so much nicer just to pull that bolt back to release. And the trigger puts a smile on my face every time....
I'm so looking forward to getting my trigger group back ...

·
Have gun, will travel
1,339 Posts
BX is now my standard

Tried a Bx on one of my 10-22's. I have recently all four of mine and my daughters to BX's. Found a source on Ebay at $60/each couldn't resist.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
BTW.... congrats on the win last night. Hope you got some free bud light out of it.
It was a good win with a bright future ...

No free Bud for me, i watch from my recliner ... but I've seen a few videos of when the chains magically dropped off ...

·
Registered
30 Posts
You might want to check local gunsmiths shops for trigger job price.
Not far from me is a place called Clark Custom Guns and they can do a nice trigger job for $75.00 , you get 2.5 - 2.75 lbs. pull , over travel screw installed in trigger , speed bolt release , hone hammer and sear engagement surfaces , adjust so trigger functions reliably with standard or high velocity ammo .
For $75.00 I was happier than a clam at high tide...that trigger is sweet and makes you smile a lot.

I was so pleased I had them do a MKII pistol....SWEET !
Gary
I met Jim Clark, a fine gentleman, at Camp Perry at the National Matches. He was, to the best of my knowledge, the only non-military, non-police shooter to win the National Matches. A true gentleman. His son runs the business now and is a great gunsmith and looking at Gary's post, his prices are great.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Partial Update ... mailed my trigger group in on the morning of 9-19-18 ... expected delivery of 9-22-18 ... no email confirmation the following Tuesday (that's when they log triggers in) ... nothing on Wednesday ... called on Thursday (today) and they said they picked it up at the post office today ... thanks for the stress post office, I've been thinking my trigger group was lost in no mans land ...

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Partial Update ... mailed my trigger group in on the morning of 9-19-18 ... expected delivery of 9-22-18 ... no email confirmation the following Tuesday (that's when they log triggers in) ... nothing on Wednesday ... called on Thursday (today) and they said they picked it up at the post office today ... thanks for the stress post office, I've been thinking my trigger group was lost in no mans land ...
IF you would have bought the KIDD Trigger Job Kit, you would have been shooting by Sept 18th, and not worrying about your trigger group for... whats it been now...? 10 days and counting. Keep waiting... eventually you will get yours back.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
IF you would have bought the KIDD Trigger Job Kit, you would have been shooting by Sept 18th, and not worrying about your trigger group for... whats it been now...? 10 days and counting. Keep waiting... eventually you will get yours back.
Well maybe you are right but then again I play and work within my budget.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I met Jim Clark, a fine gentleman, at Camp Perry at the National Matches. He was, to the best of my knowledge, the only non-military, non-police shooter to win the National Matches. A true gentleman. His son runs the business now and is a great gunsmith and looking at Gary's post, his prices are great.
Thanks for the post.
I was beginning to think no other person on this site but myself knew of Jim Clark and the business he established . They do magic on triggers.

Jerry Miculek married Kay Clark so he's part of that renowned family by marriage .

The 10/22 rifle and the MKII pistol that I have had worked over buy them will never be sold and I'm going to ask St.Peter if I can take them with me , he should understand !
Gary

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Another update, after the USPS seemed to use their model A postal car to deliver my package i finally got an update from Brimstone. I don't know as a fact but it appears they pushed mine to the top of the list. My trigger group is done and on its way back to me. Expected delivery 10-1-18.

I also received my new Leopold scope for my 10/22. The upgrade is coming together nicely. Range time already scheduled for 10-17-18.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Final Update ...

Got my trigger group back today from Brimstone, she feels sweet at 2# pull!

Put my new Leopold glass on it and she is clear and focused!

Range time scheduled for the 17th of October ...

Needless to say I'm a happy camper right now!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Final Update ...

Got my trigger group back today from Brimstone, she feels sweet at 2# pull!

Put my new Leopold glass on it and she is clear and focused!

Range time scheduled for the 17th of October ...

Needless to say I'm a happy camper right now!
Congrats..... Let us know how much you love it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Enjoy your rifle!!! Buy ammo and magazines and blast for a while, then get a barrel the fun never ends. I just put my original rifle together after I replaced all the parts. One for a scope and one with aperture sights. I think I only need 3 10/22s.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know I'll be ridiculed, lol, but I like my BSA Sweet 22 scope. What I like about it is the adjustable objective. I shoot in a sporter rifle league at 50', and the adjustable objective allows me to focus on the targets. Plus, it's cheap.

·
Banned
388 Posts
Save yourself the money and do it yourself. It is a VERY EASY job! I can do a trigger job in less than 30 minutes, including tear down and reassembly!

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Save yourself the money and do it yourself. It is a VERY EASY job! I can do a trigger job in less than 30 minutes, including tear down and reassembly!
LOL ... well the deed has been done ...

21 - 40 of 51 Posts