Ruger Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

Registered
Final Update ...

Got my trigger group back today from Brimstone, she feels sweet at 2# pull!

Put my new Leopold glass on it and she is clear and focused!

Range time scheduled for the 17th of October ...

Needless to say I'm a happy camper right now!
I love when a plan comes together,
Will there be pictures 馃槸

Registered
Final Update ...

Got my trigger group back today from Brimstone, she feels sweet at 2# pull!

Put my new Leopold glass on it and she is clear and focused!

Range time scheduled for the 17th of October ...

Needless to say I'm a happy camper right now!

Same here - just got my trigger back from Brimstone who did a Tier 2 trigger job. That trigger now sports a clean, crisp 2 lb, 3 oz break. Very satisfied...

Bayou52

Registered
Discussion Starter #44
Same here - just got my trigger back from Brimstone who did a Tier 2 trigger job. That trigger now sports a clean, crisp 2 lb, 3 oz break. Very satisfied...

Bayou52
So far i am satisfied ... next Wednesday can't come soon enough ...

Registered
I know you got your trigger worked on already.

Q: Did it improve your group sizes?

I shot a 245/250 at my second Appleseed with a STOCK trigger that only had 3 springs changed out by me in 10 minutes.

I shot multiple 1" groups at 100 yards outdoors on a slightly breezy day with CCI Standard Velocity with a STOCK trigger.

A trigger makes it easier to shoot, not more accurate.

Triggers causing accuracy improvement for mortal consumers (not Olympic competition) just means there's less time to overmuscle, jerk, flinch, or otherwise not improve your trigger pulling.

BX triggers are still in a plastic housing.

A $9.00 (nine) dollar tune up kit from Wolff gunsprings:
gunsprings.com/RUGER/10-22/cID2/mID52/dID225

(good grief, can't post links yet)

Specifically the "Rifle Tune Up Pak - Reduced Power - Without recoil spring"

I'm sure it feels better, but did the trigger job improve your groups?

Registered
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
I know you got your trigger worked on already.

Q: Did it improve your group sizes?

I shot a 245/250 at my second Appleseed with a STOCK trigger that only had 3 springs changed out by me in 10 minutes.

I shot multiple 1" groups at 100 yards outdoors on a slightly breezy day with CCI Standard Velocity with a STOCK trigger.

A trigger makes it easier to shoot, not more accurate.

Triggers causing accuracy improvement for mortal consumers (not Olympic competition) just means there's less time to overmuscle, jerk, flinch, or otherwise not improve your trigger pulling.

BX triggers are still in a plastic housing.

A $9.00 (nine) dollar tune up kit from Wolff gunsprings:
gunsprings.com/RUGER/10-22/cID2/mID52/dID225

(good grief, can't post links yet)

Specifically the "Rifle Tune Up Pak - Reduced Power - Without recoil spring"

I'm sure it feels better, but did the trigger job improve your groups?
Jury still out ... I have some outdoor range time scheduled for Wednesday the 17th. Your STOCK comment is well taken. This trigger job is the first time I had any custom work done to any of my firearms. You are right custom mods don't really make one more accurate it helps but it still comes down to you, the gun and proper technique. I think the 2# trigger will help me. More importantly the new glass I put on the 10/22 will have greater return, I'm pretty confident of that.

Stay tuned ...

Registered
A trigger job is a wonderful thing, don't get me wrong. Gritty and slow sucks compared to smooth and crisp.

Learned at Appleseed: the single biggest adjustment is to the nut behind the buttstock.

Emperor
No, a better trigger action does not enhance the inherent accuracy of the rifle. But it can sure help many of us to shoot a rifle more accurately.

Theoretically, one can shoot a rifle with a heavy, gritty trigger pull as accurately as one can shoot the same rifle with a light, smooth trigger with a crisp break. But the chances of pulling the sights off target are much greater with the poor trigger.

To maintain the same degree of accuracy with that heavy, gritty trigger requires two qualities that many of us do not have. First, if using iron sights one has to have good visual acuity to ascertain that the sights are remaining precisely aligned and on target. Second, one has to have excellent trigger control and technique.

Even Hickok45, who has shot a heck of a lot of pistols and rifles with far greater accuracy than I ever will, says that the firearm characteristic that has the greatest influence on his accuracy is trigger quality.

Registered
Thanks for the post.
I was beginning to think no other person on this site but myself knew of Jim Clark and the business he established . They do magic on triggers.

Jerry Miculek married Kay Clark so he's part of that renowned family by marriage .

The 10/22 rifle and the MKII pistol that I have had worked over buy them will never be sold and I'm going to ask St.Peter if I can take them with me , he should understand !
Gary
I was lucky enough to find a custom Ruger built by Jim Clarke with a bomar sight, additional 2 inch barrell length with compensater, the trigger pull is 1.5 pounds it was built for bullseye cometition which I use to compete in, but I can't hold it steady due to nerve damage....amazing gun

Registered
I ordered the Kidd trigger job kit and the spring pack. It was an easy installation and I now have a great trigger at just over two pounds of pull. If you have any mechanical abilities I highly recommend this route. An awesome trigger at a great deal.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts