Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have noticed quite a few highly modified 10/22's and im wondering if you could choose ONE upgrade to a completely stock ruger 10/22 what would that be?

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you are referring to a basic upgrade, the following:

Auto-Bolt Release OR Extended Mag Release

If you are talking a bit more in depth, the following:

KIDD Trigger Job Kit

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
The one and only upgrade I have done to mine is to change out the stock to a Hogue overmolded stock. Everything else is staying bone stock and I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i have noticed quite a few highly modified 10/22's and im wondering if you could choose ONE upgrade to a completely stock ruger 10/22 what would that be?
That one is easy. Get a match grade barrel. Of course, unless you want to inlet the existing stock, you should also get a stock that will fit the barrel.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
If you're planning on running iron sights, I'd upgrade those to maybe some fiber optic sights. If you're not, then a decent scope and some good rings would be a great way to add to the rifle without messing with any other components.

·
Registered
160 Posts
well.....I like either the Muzzelite

or Red Jacket ZK-22 stock upgrades

but that is just because I am a bullpup fan....

·
Registered
673 Posts
A drop in Power Custom hammer and sear (non-adjustable).

I can shoot a stock trigger well. This simple trigger upgrade makes it easier to shoot well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no restrictions on the upgrade! can be very basic or extremely custom, just limit to ONE upgrade. my ruger 10/22 came with fiber optic sights (green rear, red front). ive heard about upgrading my trigger to a lighter pull and possibly all metal (mine are plastic..) but i also heard about having a gunsmith polish some parts in the trigger housing not sure which is better.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
In priority order.

1. Scope and matching rings

2. Extended Magazines (25 rounders)

3. Exotic stock- laminate preferred.

4. Extended Mag-release & Oversize slide opener

Examples shown here

·
Banned
359 Posts
I can't limit it to just one. I think there are three critical upgrades:

1. auto bolt release - this can be DIY if you're mechanically proficient.

2. extended mag release.

3. M1-style aperture sights: Tech-sights or Nodak.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
no restrictions on the upgrade! can be very basic or extremely custom, just limit to ONE upgrade. my ruger 10/22 came with fiber optic sights (green rear, red front). ive heard about upgrading my trigger to a lighter pull and possibly all metal (mine are plastic..) but i also heard about having a gunsmith polish some parts in the trigger housing not sure which is better.
Well, in that case, I'd just buy a good drop-in trigger for the gun and run the iron sights. It would give you a fun plinker with no fuss.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
The only mod I've done to my 10/22 Sporter: a bolt buffer.

I made mine from a 3 1/2" X 1/4" nylon bolt. Actually made eight of them in about an hour for a cost of about $3. The way the first one is holding up, I may never use them all.

I do have a cheap Tasco rimfire scope, and a home-made web sling, but those aren't really mods.

·
Registered
71 Posts
No doubt on that one at all....the trigger group...Factory stock has a 9 lb pull and about as smooth as a tractor pull....Spend the $70 and have David over at Brimstone do a tier 2 trigger job for you.....you won't regret it....

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am truely amazed at the number of people that have apparently never shot competition or military accurate shooting....scopes....stocks....buffer pins....for accuracy....?? How about #1...a good trigger......#2...a good barrel.....#3...Good stock....#4 Good optics....with 3 and 4 being interchangable......

1 - 20 of 37 Posts