Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have now been carrying my lcr 9mm in a sof tuck for a few days. i have just been carrying the gun only as i can't decide which would be best for a reload. i can't seem to figure a good way to carry an extra moonclip without it rattling or where it would not be noticed on my side. i have speed strips for the 9mm so i have thought carry my first five in the gun and use the speed strip on a reload if needed. i can't decide, what would ya'll do? carry an extra moonclip or two and if so how would you do it?, or carry just an extra speed strip? thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
moon clips are gonna be the best way for sure, what I did for my LCRx3 (38spl) is I got some of these;
these bolt on to any belt, so they are super easy to install.

I also like the 5-Star product, but they are just more speed loaders.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I've been carrying mine inverted in a safariland speed loader in my strong side pocket. Adds supprt to the moon clips. Jut like carrying a .38 speedloader

·
Banned
1,940 Posts
i have now been carrying my lcr 9mm in a sof tuck for a few days. i have just been carrying the gun only as i can't decide which would be best for a reload. i can't seem to figure a good way to carry an extra moonclip without it rattling or where it would not be noticed on my side. i have speed strips for the 9mm so i have thought carry my first five in the gun and use the speed strip on a reload if needed. i can't decide, what would ya'll do? carry an extra moonclip or two and if so how would you do it?, or carry just an extra speed strip? thanks for any help.
Carry an extra semi auto 9mm magazine and use it as your speed strip. Then maybe attach one of those flint strikers to your key chain in case you need to pop out any of the spent cases and reload a 2nd time.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
I guess the moon clips ad too much bulk to carry them in the speed loader options that has been discussed. Or too much bulk in your pocket?? The problem I see is that if one had a empty cylinder and you needed a quick reload the 2nd loaded moon clips is going to be so much faster for the 2nd reload. This is something to consider. This is the very reason I went with the LCRX .38 Special because a 2nd reload with a speed strip still isn't too slow vs some of the other ways discussed here. Good Luck!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
made this to work

i have been looking and reading trying to find a way to carry my moon clips. a speed loader case i heard they are a little big for a moon clip. so i got my mind to thinking and fixed this as an idea and it works just fine till i can get something better. first pic is a 26" inner tube about 3-4 inches long with the front cut away about two thirds up, second pic is the cut part put back thru the top to make a pull tab, third pic is the moon clip in it. the clip fit is snug with no rattle and last pic is the two moon clips in a knife sheath that i have several of. so now i can carry two reloads quiet and keep the clips safe.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
I like the bicycle inner tube design.
Efficient, thin, light weight and effective.
If you entwine two moon clips together, you could carry two in the tube carrier.
Brilliant ... :)

I currently carry them in a baby mitten, but I like the bicycle tube better.

I also carry a partial roll of quarters in that pocket in case someone notices a bulge.
Did you need a couple of quarters? :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts