Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to load 10/22 magazines, is there anything that will make it easier to load the magazines.

·
Banned
551 Posts
I am sorry if I am assuming too much, but I have to think that you are impaired in some way? I don't know and am definitely not an expert but I don't know of a magazine loader for the round magazines. Again I apologize but maybe you have issues with arthritis? If that's the case, a young son or son-in-law would work for me.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Get a bulk box of 22LR ammo and about a dozen magazines and load them in the comfort of your la-z-boy while spending quality time with the wife watching one of her TV programs. You're getting in some quality time with the wife, you have something to do during her mindless TV show, and you've got a bunch of mags ready to shoot.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Some of these are easier to use on the larger magazines but can still be used with the 10 round rotary mags, thought hey can be a bit harder to get into and out of the loader, and with only 10 rounds compared to 20 or more the benefit of a speed loader on the 10 rounders isn't as much as on the larger mags - unless you have lots of 10 round mags, or have some medical issue that makes it difficult.

http://www.amazon.com/Butler-Creek-Round-Lips-Loader/dp/B002E6WV78

Champion Mag Loader Ruger 10/22 - I have this one - and it works well except on a couple of magazines I had which had really tight springs and were very difficult to load by hand - I gave up on those magazines but still use the loader

McFadden Machine Lightnin' Grip Loader - I have this one - and I haven't used it a lot - it pushes on the nose of the bullet so it requires a bit of finesse to use - I have used it mainly on my SR22 mags - I also have their older loader that was made for the MkII that I modified to work with the SR22

http://www.amazon.com/Mag-Pal-Ruger...8&qid=1439642917&sr=8-4&keywords=10+22+loader

Or - if want to go a different route - what I have been using almost exclusively since I bought them are - https://www.hcmags.com/index.html they have a complete system including Magazines, Speed Strips and a 100 round box that orients the rounds. The trickiest part of this system is getting the rounds to stack up properly when you load the strip into the magazine - it gets easier. I did have to make a slight adjustment on these magazines (and some other brands) to get them to lock fully into my rifle - basically some light sanding on the shoulders of the mags so that they locked in correctly. If you go with the HC3R be sure to watch their video and even practice loading a couple mags before going to the range to be such you can get the rounds to stack properly. What i run into is that if I don't rotate the magazine correctly they end up nose down and don't feed correctly - but if I get the rounds oriented in the correct nose up orientation as I release the spring/follower then there is no problem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
All of the answers are right, but buy a TriMag from Alangator LLC, then buy three Ruger magazines. The TriMag fastens three mags together for much faster reloading and allows you to carry 30 rounds on the gun. You still have to load the bullets manually though. The triple mag assembly makes it easier to hold while stuffing in the bullets, yet another advantage.

Alangator Trimag Ruger 10 22 BX 1 Magazine Connector Triple Box Mag Coupler 22LR | eBay

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
The big thing is watching out for bullet thumb.

It's that deep sore on the end of your thumb you wake up in the morning with after loading1000 rounds of .22LR in the 10/22 mags the previous day.

It's fun at the time and painful latter, like many other great things in life!

·
Registered
76 Posts
The best way to load magazines is one at a time. That said, is it me or am I a minority that really doesn't mind hand loading magazines? The only drawback is the dirty thumb afterwards. My.02.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I purchased a Christies a10/22 E-Z II Loader from 1022centeral.com and for a manual older it works well with the Ruger BX-25 magazines. Will work with the BX-1 10 rd rotary magazine but is more cumbersome and on the BX-25 but it does saves fingers. If will not work on the Butler Creek and Promag brands.

The ADCO Super Thumb 22 cal 1022 magazine loader works well with the Butler Creek and Promag brand mags but will not work with the Ruger BX-25.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts