Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, y'all - I may sell one rifle to raise money for another.
What is the best deal for shipping? What carrier? What is a typical cost? I want to have that amount set pretty close to the correct amount if I post the rifle for sale online.
I will be using a regular box like the rifle came in.

Can I ship myself to a buyer's FFL, or do I have to get a FFL on my end to send it out? --Thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
You can ship to a FFL holder, but only after you get a signed copy of the FFL. Do not ship the firearm in the original case. If you do, it is like putting a steal me sign on the box. If you put the firearm in the original shipping box, put that box inside another plain box. Also, add insurance. I don't know if it is a BATF or FEDEX requirement but it will have to be shipped over night. One final thing, the last thing you do before you put it in the box, make sure it's not loaded. If you forget and it turns up loaded and goes off while in transit, you got big problems.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,140 Posts
hmendelson1946, Sorry, although your post is true for handguns, long guns have more lenient rules.

row111, You already have one incorrect response so I suggest you look up the regulations on the Internet or go to your LGS for guidance. You don't need to waste money nor do you need to go to jail for being misinformed.

·
Registered
280 Posts
LGS is a good start. Can save money and headaches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts