Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I bought her last pm, 9mm, went directly out & shot. She has a really thick grip which will take some practice to figure out the best way to hold her. Her slide is heavy & stiff, but I've read that it will loosen up. She came with a ghost ring, but I haven't had it put on yet. I shot from 10yds. I just walked up to shoot, used the 3 dot sight that came standard on her. I did not take time to dwell on sighting; I pointed & shot. I shot steady, not fast the first couple mags. It came with a 8 round mag & I bought the 10 too. Then I shot as fast as it would go. I shot low, but in a consistant group fast or slower. The trigger didn't take alot of pull, not as light as a Kimber, not as stiff as a DA. The recoil did not even give me pause.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Well there ya go - sounds like it's the fun gun you were looking for. Nice Obama target by the way. Haven't seen that one before....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sightngrl, I'm glad you're enjoying your Hi-Point pistol, congratulations. I've heard MANY excellent reports from Hi-Point owners. Inexpensive AND reliable, what more could you ask from a fun gun? As for looks, a lot of people think my Glocks are unattractive too. ;D

Kenny

·
Registered
141 Posts
I looked at a Hi Point 40s&w this AM in a pawn shop. It looked to be in like new condition but he wanted more than a new one cost so I passed. Didn't feel like trying to bargain him down. I think Buds has the 40s for $170 shipped.

·
Super Moderator
16,284 Posts
Sightngrl ... Congrats on your new Hi-Point. Like many things made here in Ohio, it might be ugly (like me :D) but it's reliable (like me ;)) and has a great warranty (not like me :()

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Couldnt part me from my Hi-Point Carbine 9mm,works everytime,feeds all ammo,accurate and paid $200 for mine years ago all I have on it is a 15 round mag and Scope one hole groupings at 50 yards all day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts