Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are now, under $200.00 with:

The Hi-Point Warranty

"All Hi-Point firearms carry a lifetime, "no-questions asked warranty." Whether you are the original purchaser, or the third-hand owner, your Hi-Point firearm will be repaired free of charge."

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Variety is the spice of life. :p And...a Ruger or another Walther 9mm is in my future too, or a Sig. :D

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Whats this big robot mask thing for when it blows up:D what was that ping sound the brass boucing off his head? looks like it jams up well, yep I'm staying with Ruger;)
Yea it is actually lol. But you should have seen the terrible things they did to that gun. Really is impressive it lasted so long. Would I buy a hi-point pistol? Probably not. But I wont bash a value priced, Ohio made product.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Do you always have to put the robot suit when you shoot that thing?

Reminds me of a '93 Civic Hatchback, ugly as heck, cheap, but I guess its worth the money. You can find used Ruger P-series for 300 though...

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Whats this big robot mask thing for when it blows up:D what was that ping sound the brass boucing off his head? looks like it jams up well, yep I'm staying with Ruger;)
LMAO ! I was thinking the same thing. If I have to wear that thing to shoot a Hi-Point, I'll stick to my Rugers and SIGs.

Edit: I just watched part of that video, and it's funny as hell watching that guy shoot with his 'robot head' jerking back from the recoil. I needed a good laugh today ! lmao

·
Banned
1,940 Posts
The hipoint warranty is hard to beat even though you still have to pay for the shipping. I seriously considered the hipoint C9 after I watched those torture tests on youtube, but in the end I decided to spend $100 more and get a brand new Ruger P95 because it holds twice as much ammo as the hipoint, 32 round magazines are available, it has ambidextrous safety and mag release controls, it's easier to field strip ( no tools needed ), it's lighter, it's thinner, it has a light / laser rail and the frame is made from DOW Chemical Isoplast long strand fiberglass reinforced polymer that's used in heavy duty industrial strength gears so it's tougher than the plastic hipoint frame.

I added the bike inner tube on the grip for more traction without adding bulk.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi-Point’s have a genuine cult following that are remarkable, they’re also one of the more frequent of “street guns” we run into in my area. The carbines, just like the pistols, are ugly as sin but functional and serve a very real niche for many people.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I watched the whole series of videos of this and I find it difficult to believe that the Hi Point (or any gun) could survive such torture. From over charged proof rounds to driving a threaded bolt into the barrel it would still run. Granted, a Hi Point isn't going to win a beauty contest but, they are certainly tough. If one has a limited budget and looking for utility only then Hi Point should be high on his list.
BTW, I wonder if Hi Point would replace that gun under warranty considering the abuse they put it through.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Well I'll stick up for ya Sightngrl! A new gun is a happy day no matter what it is so long as you like it. Thanks for sharing and posting the photo. Post a range report and show us what it'll do!

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am going to put up a buy-take out of box-shoot-range report tonight. My butt uuugly Big Mama Pit Bull Hi-Point firearm is what it is & I luv her....but.... I have not put her & the stuck up Walthers together yet. That could get ugly. :p

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 48 Posts