Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This product any good?
Getting annoyed with trying to remove crud from front of cylinder.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
This cloth works great to remove the lead residue from a stainless steel gun like your GP100. Yes works very well worth the cost!!!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Yes, it works but NEVER use it on a blued gun!

Another trick for removing the carbon from the front face of the cylinder is to use a pencil eraser. Yes, it really works but again, stainless guns only!

Unless you just want a super clean looking revolver, a little discoloration on the front face of the cylinder is no big deal. It doesn't affect function.

·
Registered
415 Posts
It works well. I also have Eagle One Nevr-Dull--available at auto parts stores as well. It works very well also.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Lead-Away from Kleen Bore is the same thing. The burn rings don't bother me, but I occasionally do a quick wipe when they are really black.

·
Registered
280 Posts
+1 for Lead-away.

Just cut a small square about an inch.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice results Steve. Thanks for sharing.

·
Bang Bang
382 Posts
Love it for my stainless guns too.

Bear in mind, the finish on my older SRH seems porous and the front of the cylinder doesn't come as clean as the GP, SP and LCR. But it is clean.

Since it is clean, it cleans up easily next time too.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Yes, it works but NEVER use it on a blued gun!

Another trick for removing the carbon from the front face of the cylinder is to use a pencil eraser. Yes, it really works but again, stainless guns only!

Unless you just want a super clean looking revolver, a little discoloration on the front face of the cylinder is no big deal. It doesn't affect function.
I have used the lead removal cloths (cut into patches) on the bore, forcing cone, and cylinder face of my blued GP100 for many years.
Yes, the original bluing on the cylinder face is gone, but it is lead and residue free. A bit of Birchwood Casey cold bluing touch-up makes it look like new, if I'm caring about appearance at that time...

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Works great. Keeps those cylinders looking new.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts