7K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Waveform 
#1 ·
I"m new to form and I'm glad I found this form
Any advice would be appreciated
I mostly target shoot and collect
Thanks for help!

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum,

I believe alot depends on what you already have and if you reload, I own the 45 Colt model and love it,,,,I also reload for the Colt so it does not cost near as much to shoot. If you already own 45acp guns then adding the acp model may be just the thing for you.

#4 · (Edited)
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
I enjoy shooting both, what about a convertible?

#6 ·
I have a convertable Uberti 45 colt/45acp. I reload so the cost is not an issue. I have a birds head Vaquero in 45 colt and love it. I have two other Blackhawks, a 1968 357/9mm and never shoot the 9mm. and a 41 Blackhawk.

Love single actions. I do own two 1911's in 45acp, and SR9 (9mm) and other 357 revolvers, and other semiautos. So I do not choose a round to standardize my shooting.

but I do reload so the 45 colt is cheap.

I bought the 45 colts because they are cool. I bought a Uberti 1873 45 colt because its an 1873. The Rugers are better built guns, and I bought them, but something cool about an 1873 45 colt.

As far as your buy, the 45 colt is cooler. and if you do shoot anything living the 45 colt will do a better job.

If you do not reload, and have no desire to ever reload, the 45 acp will be a better choice since it may be hard to get 45 colt ammunition and expensive. And if cost is an issue, get a 357 so you can shoot 38 spl's

#15 ·
Hi Capt - based on your comments I think you could go either way. I opted for the 45ACP because I already had a lot of that ammo on hand for my 1911. Very fun to shoot in the Birdshead Vaquero! Ammo costs are lower too, as has been pointed out. On the other hand, if you have limited opportunity to shoot due to work and enjoy the collecting side of things the 45 Colt version would be just fine too. I can relate to that and wouldn't mind adding a blued 45 Colt Birdshead to go along with the SS 45 ACP one I have now.

You won't go wrong either way.

Wave

#17 ·
Hi Capt - based on your comments I think you could go either way.
Sounds like to me too. I would lean toward .45 Colt myself but that is only because I like the round better. Basically a personal choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.