Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Thats one thing I do enjoy, is the keeping of small animals. I have several tarantulas, small spiders, fish and much more. They bring a great happiness. Please post more pictures of your birds!

·
Registered
842 Posts
those are beautiful birds and right expensive too. We had a Mitred or red headed conure for a lot of years. He was a bit testy at times. Right now we have a Yellow head Amazon. We've had what we thought was a male until "she" laid an egg at about age 14. She's about 20 yrs old now but would only let my wife and youngest son handle her for years. She's finally made up with me after I retired.
Reading buddy now. If you look close down by my leg, you'll see a bit of jealosy.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yep, they are expensive... right now my wife gets her fix at a local Petco Store.. we can not afford the $549.99 they want for Sun Conure. So for now like I say, she gets her fix at Petco and by looking a other people Sun Conures on line pictures.

http://www.birdchannel.com/bird-community/ViewAll.aspx

I figure this way I don't have a cage to clean, and a bird to feed either :D Just kidding.. if we had the money, she would have one.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The prices of almost all cage birds are out of sight pricewise. Way too rich for my pocketbook. Both of the birds we've had were given to us by relatives. My sister was moving to the Virgin Islands and we wound up with the conure. The Amazon parrot was own by a niece with more money than sense and couldn't tame it. Birds are not for everyone, especially if you're picky about your home because the suckers are messy and some like the parrot can be downright mean and they bite HARD. When we have chicken we give her a leg or thigh bone to chew on. She crunches them up like you would pop corn for what marrow there is I guess, so you can imagine what she could do to a finger. Believe me, I found out the hard way a few times:D

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Those are beautiful birds. We used to have a cockatiel that we were really fond of. After my Dad died, Mom got really attached to him. We finally gave the bird to her and she loved it. Every morning when she got up he would holler, "Grandma" until she fed him. That and "Hello" were the only words he ever learned, but he could do a wicked wolf whistle and whistle parts of several different tunes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts