Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a birdshead nm vaquero 3.75 barrel in 45 colt. Local store. Used. 550 sound about right. Been looking for one for a while. Only one iv found round here in no mans land.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Is it the new TALO edition with the Super Blackhawk hammer? If so, they go for $550-600 brand new.
I'd only pay $550 for a TALO Birdshead used, if it was stainless and in like new condition.

If it an older model, than that price is OK if it's in Exc. condition.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
If it's hardly used, and you can get it for $550 OTD it's not bad, there are a bunch on GunBroker for $570-600 but then you have shipping, transfer etc.

A gun in hand, that you can see and check out is worth it, I would go $550 all in but only if I really NEEDED it, it's not a "tear your pants getting your wallet out" price.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I had 550 cash in my wallet. Had the day off. Went in to the local store all set to buy the birdshead. It was gone. So I saved myself 550 bills.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Well I had 550 cash in my wallet. Had the day off. Went in to the local store all set to buy the birdshead. It was gone. So I saved myself 550 bills.
And missed out on a birdshead..... :eek:

·
Registered
100 Posts
As popular as the run of New Vaquero birdsheads has been, I have no doubt that after a reasonable time to empty the marketplace and build up demand, there will be another run of them. I'm dead sure of it. I have blued and stainless and they ain't goin' nowhere!

Not quite as desirable or light, but if they offer a birdshead in .357, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts