Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting here watching The First 48 - real homicides with real detectives. The two bad guy gang members arrested are named L'il Nephew (bad enough) and L'il Boobie.

I would think any other gang member would beat up L'il Boobie just for the name.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Aw they just young kids, hence the "L'il" acronym. Bet L'il Boobie gets punked out in the jail cell though LOL!

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
I watch this show as well, and it is a "racist program" perhaps with the percentages of "boobies" portrayed on it. Enjoy it while we can before the PC gets wind of it.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
I watched this episode, as well. "The First 48" is one of my favorite police shows, because it shows how real police detectives work and how rarely all of that "CSI" stuff solves the case (although it can be critical in getting a conviction).

I've noticed that in all of the cities they cover in that show, gang members (and non-affiliated "youth") tend to have "street names" and even their so-called friends often don't know their actual given names. I have to say, though, that if my street name was "Li'l Boobie" or "Fatboy" (from another episode), I'd go by the name my parents gave me, no matter how stupid it sounded.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts