Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking if I could put a theme to a collection, how about the guns I’d have bought when I was first old enough? I think the 18 for long guns, 21 for handguns law was around then, so at 18 I’d probably have gotten myself a 10/22 and a Mini 14. Three years later, a Speed Six, Mark II .22 or a S&W 17, maybe a 1911 and a BHP if I’d had a good paying job. :) How about you?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I could have purchased a pistol at 18, and indeed, my first pistol, years later, was a Mark II. Still have it. Long gun? Had I been interested in them at the time, probably an SKS.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I was regularly buying guns at an early age. I had a MKI standard at 14, other handguns and various rifles before 18. Buying from private parties was fine in those days. Used to buy from a gun shop when i got a bit older and always look back on those times fondly. The owner often let me take stuff home to try over the weekend and decide if I wanted to purchase it. 😲

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
I can't remember what i had for dinner last night let alone what i could of bought when i was 18 and 21 years old. As best as i can recall, a Remington Sportsman 58 IS what i bought when i was about 20 years old, followed that up with a Remington 11-87 a few years later. I bought my first handgun roughly 10 years or so ago

1 - 8 of 8 Posts