Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunting season is almost upon us, archery is already open. I wanted to check the zero of my Bisley at 50 yards, and after a few clicks of the sight, thought I'd try it at 100 yards. It does drop a bit at 100 when zeroed for 50, but would hit close enough if I had to shoot at a deer or elk at that range.
Loads are a 335 grain Cast Performance hard cast, they are heated treated, and gas checked with a very wide flat nose profile. With a healthy dose of W-296 in Starline nickel plated brass, they average 1250 fps., Chrono here shows 1269 fps. Recoil is stout but comfortable thanks to the Bisley grip frame. Not sure why I just fired 2 shots, guess I'm getting miserly as my supply of 335 grainers is getting low. time to order some more.
I have been carrying it in a spare San Pedro saddlery cross draw rig, but it is tight as it's sized for a Colt/Uberti sixgun. I spotted a Galco Single Action Outdoorsman holster locally (left hand, kind of a rare deal for a small store to stock some left hand holsters), so I won't have to mail order one now.
This is my "insurance policy" for camping and hunting in the mountains here. It is compact and light enough that, in a cross draw holster, it's out of the way of carrying a rifle and doesn't pull down the belt.
The Marlin short Octagon .45/70 or my Gunsite .308 will be the long gun of choice, but I'll never be without a Bisley.

·
Corps Commander NGV
5,919 Posts
Beautiful revolver! Your long guns are sweet too. I'm impressed with the target even after only two shots fired. 335gr at 1280fps is carrying the mail.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I love my .45 Bisley so much i named my cat Bisley too.

:D

And i think your longuns rock too btw :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts