Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at putting a Bisley grip frame on my NMBH 41 magnum. Will a standard Super Blackhawk hammer and NMBH trigger work on the Bisley grip frame?

I've inherited a roughed up 41 mag, and the original grip frame has some pretty nasty gouges in it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The Bisley hammer is lower than BH & the trigger has more curve to it. I think the hammer would work just be to high& hard to reach not sure about trigger.If I was going to put a Bisley grip frame on mine I'd put Bisley trigger& hammer also.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Bisley hammer AND trigger are contoured for the Bisley frame. The "trunnion"----pivot radius----section of the Bisley hammer is larger in diameter than BH or SBH. The BH or SBH hammer will not flush up with the Bisley frame at that point; it will look out of place, goofy.

The Bisley grip frame, hammer, and trigger go together.
David Bradshaw

·
Registered
109 Posts
Also... Way it was explained to me, Ruger had hoped that Blackhawk/Super Blackhawk frames would accept BH/SBH and Bisley grip frames interchangeably. Obviously, it would ease production. It did not work out that way. Consequently, the radius at the back of the revolver frame differs between BH/SBH and Bisley.

A good smith can contour the frame and grip frames to match, but it will not be done in front of a TV with a bastard file.

In fitting the Bisley grip frame to the BH/SBH, the "ears" of the Bisley grip frame are slightly taller, and must be taken down. Leaves a divot in the radius between the two. This is where careful work begins.

You don't have to go this far. and nobody, except members of this forum and yourself, will notice. And, certainly, a little divot in your gunsmithing won't be noticed by the guy climbing in your window with an axe in his hand.
David Bradshaw

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
The hammer will work with the Bisley grip frame, it will simply have a larger void in the hammer slot than normal due to the difference of the "hump".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts