Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious question for those in the know. Did Ruger ever make a Bisley single-six convertible? Saw an old post on another site from a guy selling one is why i am asking.
On a side note. Anyone know when the quarterly RENE will be released?
Thanks in advance

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,100 Posts
Phowman, TTBOMK, all Bisley Single-Sixes were shipped with just a 22 LR cylinder. Bisleys do have a .224" bore so it is safe to fit and fire it with a magnum cylinder. You can give Chad Hiddleson a call to see when his next quarterly will be shipped out. His numbers are: (515) 428-8276 or (515) 465-2057.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info. I couldn't find anything in my research as to a Bisley convertible being available. Figured I would ask the experts.

·
Registered
225 Posts
OP, note that Plan B would be to have a Bisley grip frame fitted onto a convertible single six. That’s what I did.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you saying that a standard single-six mag cylinder won't fit into a Bisley frame?
Is that why you went with the frame change?

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,820 Posts
Grip frames are interchangeable. You can put a Bisley grip frame, hammer and trigger on a plow handle convertible and create a Bisley convertible. Nothing to do with the main frame. It’s another way to get the configuration you want.

·
16,100 Posts
What Wave said ^^^^ A true Bisley Single-Six will be chambered for 22 LR only .... no magnum cylinder. It will have a unique Bisley hammer, grip frame, grips, and trigger plus the non-fluted cylinder will be roll marked with Ruger Bisley markings and it will have a 6 1/2" barrel.

Bisley cylinder frames, including sights are identical to a normal 6 1/2" Single-Six, however Bisley grip frames are steel and much larger than a normal Single-Six with an aluminum alloy grip frame.

Here's what one looks like except the gold filler on the cylinder and serial number were added:

·
16,100 Posts
Turnkey, Got a lot of Single-Sixes so I could probably do without the Bisley. I bought it for a side kick to my 45 Colt Bisley Blackhawk or my 44 Mag Franken-Bisley that now resides in your safe.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Ruger quoted me $450 each, to modify our SASS Vaquero plow handles to Bisley.
They said there is a substantial amount of hand fitting involved.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts