Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone has some info for me. Trying to find some production numbers for a KRBNV-44. Happens to be one of the models not listed in the RENE of estimated production quantities. Just trying to figure out if it is a buy now or buy later gun. Have some others I am looking at for purchase to add to my collection.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You should be able to check the serial number on the Ruger Website for production date. It may be what is referred to as a clean up gun, Ruger had parts to build a few long after the production run. My 2 cents....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be able to check the serial number on the Ruger Website for production date. It may be what is referred to as a clean up gun, Ruger had parts to build a few long after the production run. My 2 cents....
Already know when it was made. Not a clean up gun. More interested in how many were made.

·
Super Moderator
4,059 Posts
I don't have any precise numbers but as Vaquero collector I can tell you I see them periodically. I wouldn't call them rare but they are slightly unique. Good clean examples can be found with a modest search. If the one you're looking at is in decent shape and reasonably priced I say go for it.

Reactions: Phownman

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have any precise numbers but as Vaquero collector I can tell you I see them periodically. I wouldn't call them rare but they are slightly unique. Good clean examples can be found with a modest search. If the one you're looking at is in decent shape and reasonably priced I say go for it.
I am a Bisley collector myself. Blackhawk and Vaquero. Trying to find the low production and special production issues.
Staying away from the 1000+ issues.
It is great shape and would definitely look good in my collection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts