Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any comment (positive or negative) on Bitteroot Valley ammunition.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have used 40 s&w, 223, and .380 from both BVAC and The Hunting Shack with no issues. Like all ammunition manufacturers, there are good and bad reviews. I've had good luck with both though. They both are make re-manufacturered ammo, and higher end rifle ammo. I prefer The Hunting Shack.

·
Registered
402 Posts
BVAC is being produced in a brand new huge facility, previously it was built in 3 smaller facilities located some miles apart. They have several factory outlet stores and seem to be well managed and put out a product that is quite highly regarded.

Hunting Shack has finally got their act together after blowing themselves up when they were in East Missoula, twice if I remember right. They are located about 15+/- miles from BVAC's new facility now, in the Bitterroot Valley where I grew up.

Both seem to be doing well which is a good sign for out sport.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I'm about finished with a 500rnd box of 230gr FMJ .45. I purchase another 1000rnds, 500 230gr FMJ/500 hollow point. The first box was new Speer brass. BVAC ammo is impressive and performs well. No failures up to now.

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
Shot thousands of BVAC 9mm, .38Sp, 45 acp, 45 lc. .380. Still got some more in the safe.

Goes bang every time and makes a little hole right where I point it.

I'd shoot more but I have a hard time finding it.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shot thousands of BVAC 9mm, .38Sp, 45 acp, 45 lc. .380. Still got some more in the safe.

Goes bang every time and makes a little hole right where I point it.

I'd shoot more but I have a hard time finding it.
CTD has quite a bit but of course you have to factor in shipping costs.

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
CTD has quite a bit but of course you have to factor in shipping costs.
Used to get quite a bit from CTD Hornet, but they went through a period when it would be months on back-order. Maybe that's improved.

I've started ordering from Freedom Munitions.

https://www.freedommunitions.com Pretty good ammo too.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Used to get quite a bit from CTD Hornet, but they went through a period when it would be months on back-order. Maybe that's improved.

I've started ordering from Freedom Munitions.

https://www.freedommunitions.com Pretty good ammo too.
I went ahead and ordered some Bitterroot Ammo from CTD for my .41 Mag. It took only a couple of days to get it and it looks like they have quite a few caliber choices in stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts