Ruger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family is new to shooting this year. Are there typically any good ammo sales on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Which caliber(s) are you seeking? If it's not .22, you might be SOL this year, what w/ the election & all. There are almost always deals to be found, but they'll be a lot tougher to find in a time of increased demand.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Don't wait till black friday, I can't imagine any great deals because of the high demand right now. Aimsurplus.com has good prices with reasonable shipping to Pa. as they are in Ohio. Check several times a day as their inventory is constantly changing because of the high demand. I checked 3 times yesterday and they had what I wanted on my third try.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Got a plan for one place. Got a preview of gndr mtn ad. They don't sell much as they are usually over priced. Anyway they have several of the. 223 & 5.56 tubs on there. Gonna get the 5.56, 420 rd in ammo can for $179. It is the steel core type that i want for a Justin type situation to go with some of my hunting and plinking stuff i already have. Found it for 10.00 cheaper on line but they are out of stock and no shipping this way either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which caliber(s) are you seeking? If it's not .22, you might be SOL this year, what w/ the election & all. There are almost always deals to be found, but they'll be a lot tougher to find in a time of increased demand.
Looking for .22, .38 special, and 9mm

·
Registered
815 Posts
Looking for .22, .38 special, and 9mm
I've never seen any remarkable deals on ammo for Black Friday. If you're willing to buy in bulk, try SGAmmo, Ammoman, or Freedommunitions for the .38 and 9mm.

Dunn's sporting goods is about the best for .22LR.

Walmart day to day is hard to beat. These days it's buy what you see--i wouldn't wait for any sales.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
This current post-election demand for ammo makes me wonder if there will be a relative excess of ammo in a few months.

After all, if a bunch of ammo hoarders buy now they'll presumably run out of money & storage space and not being buying ammo in coming months.

Of course, I could be wrong and the supply of ammo buyers may be unlimited. Somehow ammo buyers have crawled out of the woodwork in the past 2 weeks even after unprecedented amounts of ammo being sold in the 1,470 days since the first Obamageddon. How can there possibly be any ammo hoarders left who haven't run out of money and/or physical space for their hoard?:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
check out slickguns.com They have the BF adds for the big box stores local to you up already. Just click the black Friday tab, and scroll down to your local stores.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The best prices are by the case (10 boxes) so I get my ammo from Hinterland, Wholesale Hunter or Cheaper Than Dirt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts