Ruger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gander Mountain Deals:

I got a Remington Model 770 .308 rifle w/scope for $299.99, a box of Remington Premier Match .308 ammo for $39.99 (ouch!), a buy one get one free Allen camo gun case for $19.99 (one for my rifle, and one for a future shotgun), and a nice pair of Woolrich/Kirkland leather slippers for $29.99. Plus, I got a further 5% off everything except the gun and I had a $20 rewards certificate from my GM Mastercard towards the purchase price. Total cost: $385.58

The best part is I was able to get what I wanted without getting up ridiculously early, fighting crowds, etc. I slept as long as I pleased, had a nice breakfast, when about my other business and stopped in to GM around 7:00pm on Black Friday. Everything was still available.

So far, I can say I'm very happy with the outcome (except the ammo price :mad:). :)

·
Banned
56 Posts
Got the numbers burned off my credit cards and never left went into a store. Remind me why I got married?

Not really that bad. Just kidding!!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
hey chrislcr! you missed my post! come on over and vote on the poll!

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Pretty sweet! And you get to bring your purchase home the same day.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
After not making it to my local Gander Mountain Thursday morning until 1-1/2 hours after the store opened (because I was paying it forward by accompanying my wife to Kmart’s sale after my daughter decided she wanted to sleep in), I acquired a 10/22 Carbine for $199 with only a 30 minute wait! While waiting, I grabbed a 1k box of 9mm-115gr ammo ($199 also) and my wife suggested that I go ahead and grab two (“wait, you want me to spend more on ammo??”) Truth be told, I can’t take credit for the short wait. My wife was with me and a woman who had been waiting for an hour+ decided not to wait any longer and gave me the ticket she was holding; only after explaining that she was giving it to me because I had my wife with and she looked like she wasn’t enjoying the wait (allowing me to jump ahead 20 spots)!!

On BLACK FRIDAY I actually got up at 4:15AM so I could be at my local Mendards at 4:30 to stand in line, outside in a 25+MPH wind @ 32 Deg F so I could acquire my first gun safe. It’s a Sentinel 36 Gun, 6 bolt, 45mintues @ 1200 Deg F for $499! I was about # 150 in line, but it ends up I didn’t need to get up that early. I was back in the store mid-afternoon and they still had 10 of the 52 they originally had in stock. I also picked up 4 plastic ammo cans for $4.99 each (30# max capacity).

Tomorrow (Saturday) I have to pick up my safe and wrangle it into the basement, then pick up my 10/22 (I live in IL so there’s a 24 hours wait on long-guns) and then I’m headed to a gun-show about 1-1/2 hours west of here (looking for a PC9 or a Mini with a wood stock & SS barrel). Also on my “to do list” is to run by my LGS to see if I can negotiate a deal on a combo purchase of a M&P15-22 for my daughter and a SR9 to compliment my SR9c!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Not a darn thing. :confused:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
While in town for the tree lighting ceremony, my wife and I were able to snag the "buy one got one free" deal on a Big Mac. Really!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
hey chrislcr! you missed my post! come on over and vote on the poll!
I saw your post, but I wanted to hear and see about others actual purchases and share mine, not just to vote on whether Black Friday is a bummer or not. It looks like a lot of people here didn't bother to get out to the shops though. Oh well... I'm a newbie who doesn't have a lot of money, guns or experience so there was some good deals out there for me. :)

Now I got me a half way decent deer rifle (I hope) w/scope and case if I ever get the chance to tag along with someone who goes hunting. Lots of that here in Wisconsin. :)

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Well... ya'll not having a Thanksgiving down under is no excuse not to pick up a good deal on a rifle now is it mate? ;)
Christmas is close..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Just got one of those as well for my 10/22 Amazon.com! Although mine doesn't say "10/22" on the side pouch.
I have three other 10/22 cases but this one has the pouch. I can fit three BX25's in it and keep them from knocking around with the elastic straps. All four of my cases are differant so I can tell which gun is in which case.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Black Friday Deals: What did you get?
More sleep.

If a retailer wants my business, he will have the sale price available for:
1) More than one day
2) At a "normal" hour of the day
3) Some time other than the Xmas ramp-up :rolleyes:

If not those, I'll do without, until someone else decides to sell to those thoughts.

:)

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
More sleep.

If a retailer wants my business, he will have the sale price available for:
1) More than one day
2) At a "normal" hour of the day
3) Some time other than the Xmas ramp-up :rolleyes:

If not those, I'll do without, until someone else decides to sell to those thoughts.

:)
I don't mind the seasonal sales but they do need to offer it for a week or more and have enough on hand. A few weeks ago I bought a tool box that was on sale for $206 and had a normal price of almost $600. They were sold out but they ordered me one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts