Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't forget to check your favorite gun shop for Black Friday specials. I got a circular from mine and they are have special on S&W and Ruger firearms (including AR-556 but I don't expect that they will have many).

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I actually wasn't even going out of the house...but I may have to take a ride up the gun shop now that you mention it.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I like that retailers are doing the sales early, it eases the actual black friday rush.

·
Banned
365 Posts
I planned on taking Black Friday ads out to the range and using them as targets on Friday as a symbolic protest of the commercialization of the Christmas holiday.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,547 Posts
It used to be a tradition with my kids but stopped black "Friday" shopping couple years ago when stores started to open on Thursday, and gatecrashed family gatherings on Thanksgiving day.
Last year, I started a new tradition and went with my wife on Friday after sale times were over. I accompanied her to Macy's and she returned the favor by going with me to my favorite LGS.
We'll do it again this year.

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
I have never gone shopping on Black Friday, and don't intend to start now.

Besides, If you can't buy it 5 minutes to closing time on Christmas Eve, Its probably not much of a gift anyway!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I planned on taking Black Friday ads out to the range and using them as targets on Friday as a symbolic protest of the commercialization of the Christmas holiday.
Excellent idea!!!

·
Registered
5,246 Posts

Besides, If you can't buy it 5 minutes to closing time on Christmas Eve, Its probably not much of a gift anyway!
Lots of advantages to this: 1) lots of things are already on sale, 2) you don't have to worry about where to hide it, 3) you don't need to gift wrap it, and 4) decision making is easier because you just buy whatever is left! :D

·
Registered
10,286 Posts

Sounds racist to me. I'll hold out until some other day. :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
We don't go out on Black Friday.
There's crazy people out there...........:eek:

·
Royal Emissary
1,083 Posts
We went last year about 2pm and still got the TV we wanted. Looked like a normal shopping day in the store at that time. I don't like crowds.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
I tried to go out on Black Friday one time. It was such a madhouse and parking was non-existent. Forget that. Never again! The deals aren't worth it. I shop on-line for most of my gifts anyway.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
The only black friday shopping I'm willing to do is online.
One semi-local LGS is advertising an FMK poly lower with a CMMG parts kit for $59 that I can purchase online then pick up in store later.......

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
I wont leave the house on black friday. People are nuts. But my LGS is having 9mm , 115 grain CCI Blazer brass & metal case ammo on sale for $9 & $10 a box. I was in there yesterday, and since I know the owner quite well, I ask if I could call an order in Friday and pay over the phone. He ask for what? I said 2 cases of 9mm ammo. He laughs and says sure. I cant pick it up when ever,

So I still dont have to leave the house Friday. :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
I will go to the local farm store for a taurus pt111 g2 in 9mm for $199 and a $50 rebate. Worth the 10 mile drive. I will go early as I'm told they have plenty but I'm sure others see a good deal. Do I need it? Hell no but I understand it's a nice gun and the price us right

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Last year, I went to the range on Black Friday (and my LCP shot tighter groups than my Glock 41). May do the same again this year.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I think all the gun stores around here are having the Black Friday sale all weekend.
Most of the prices I have seen are no better than sales prices any other time of the year. On the other hand there are one of two items that I might pick up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Already ordered online at Pametto. Got 4 sets of Carbide pistol dies. 2 cowboy sets and 2 regular. 32 for cowboy and 28 for regular carbide sets. Got some new 223 dies too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts