Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you might remember I bought a new Bushmaster about a month ago. A guy I know from work and I swapped barrels and I turned it into a bull barrel varmint rig. Since then I have slept very little wanting another like I originally had. Today I ordered a M4 kit from Del-Ton so I can have another. I tell you, in over 20 years of shooting, nothing has captured my fascination like the black rifle. I can't explain it. I love my Rugers, and went through an Old Model phase where that was all I was concerned with. But nothing, I repeat nothing, has ever peaked my interest like the AR has. And I thought the 10/22 had aftermarket parts! The AR has more stuff you can swap or add on than Carter had liver pills! I need help, guys!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Warned you about that brownell's catalog.:)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
yes you can really dress one up fast. Lots of fun stuff to add too.

·
Registered
431 Posts
AR's are the '57 Chevys of the firearms world. I won't add up what I have in mine for fear of a siezure, or my wife finding out. Add on my friend, they are like a Japanese garden, only you will know when it's finished.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
Good grief! [:0] I hope this isn't contagious. I have too many gun-related illnesses now - P Series Disorder, 1911 Syndrome, Double-Action Myalgia and Single-Action Infarction. One more serious medical disorder and I'll be single and homeless again.:D

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got back from Centerfire Systems in Versailes, KY (probably around a 150 mile round trip) with a stripped lower to go with my kit when it gets here, and just got an email from Del-Ton saying they have shipped my kit with the rest of the stuff I need to put another M-4 together! Also bought a red dot for it. Waiting on my porch was a package from Sinclair with a .223 case gauge and a AR rod guide. Now tell me I aint sick!

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
You are plumb ate up with the BRD all right! I offer an on-line rehab clinic for that problem. Just ship me one major component from the black rifles per week until gone. You'll feel yourself again, and I'll be in hog heaven!:D

·
Registered
431 Posts
Gunman,
What kind of trigger are you going to use? I have a JP in mine, but Chip McCormicks drop in looks really good.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kim
On my Bushmaster all I did was buy a JP spring kit from Brownells and it helped quite a bit. Nothing like a Timney or anything, but much better than stock. I will wait and see how bad the trigger is on the kit before I make up my mind about it. I am going to have to chill out on buying stuff for awhile cause my wife is already thinking I have went off the deep end. But after a few weeks I think I am going to put a better trigger on the Bushmaster. It will shoot less than an inch groups now with the 3x9 Leupold.

rman
I was born at night, but not last night!!!! Good try though!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by David the Gnome

Every time I go to the range I feel like I'm the only guy who doesn't own an AR. It almost makes me not want one, just because everybody else has one.
AWW! Boloana! :):D:D:D

·
Registered
431 Posts
Gunman,
Too bad we don't live a little closer, I'd let you shoot mine. It's amazing how much better they shoot with a 2# trigger.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

rman
I was born at night, but not last night!!!! Good try though!
If it gets too bad, you might reconsider. I'm telling you...my program is 100% effective.:D

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
I am going to build a CAR-15. I haven't decided if I want to go DPMS or Rock River. One of the largest Rock River dealers is right down the street, so this is the incentive for Rock River. I plan on using a 11.5 barrel with the standard 2 inch flash suppressor. This is going to require a ATF Form 4 request for SBR for assembly.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I tell you Keith, from what I have read I don't really think it much matters what lower you go with. They are pretty much made by a handful of forges across the country. Few of the names stamped on the side actually make their own lowers. Colt, and Armalite and Bushmaster make their own, but most of the rest have them made. I have a Double Star lower on the build I just got through with and it seems to be every bit as quality made as my Bushmaster. So, unless you are just set on a certain name, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Everything is pretty much Mil-Spec. I mainly want the stripped upper and lower to be the same brand so they will match in color. Everything else wont match because I plan on building it piece by piece.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts