Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruger is no longer making the SP101 in 327. Just wondering are they still making it in the GP100 and in the Blackhawk?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi, Ruger is no longer making the SP101 in 327. I saw and earlier post about this subject so I emailed Ruger myself. They confirmed they are no longer making it. I don't know about the GP100 and the Blackhawk. I had noticed on my Ammo distributor's website, Target Sports USA, that they were out-of-stock on American Eagle 100 gr and 85 gr lead soft points. They have not been able to get any for awhile. So I emailed Federal Cartridge Company and I received their reply today. They plan to start production on the 100gr and 85 gr soft points at the end of November or early December. I was happy to read that as I was wondering what the future held for this cartridge. It may still be in doubt. However, if you need American Eagle 327's go to Cheaper Than Dirt. They seem to have plenty. And Target Sports still has the 100gr JHP Speer Gold Dot and Federal's 85gr self defense round. I'm kinda considering CCW and the 327 Fed Mag SP101 with six rounds and 370 ft-lbs from the 85 gr round sounds pretty powerful to me.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I certainly hope Ruger isn't giving up on the 327. It's a nice little round and packs plenty of punch. I have an SP and a GP and enjoy loading and shooting both. I haven't purchased any 327 ammo for over a year but last time around there was a good supply on my dealers shelves.

·
Registered
760 Posts
SP101 327 Federal

I truly enjoy my SP101 in 327 Federal, it shooooots so gooooooood. I would still like Ruger to produce the Single Six in 32 H&R again .

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought two gp100 's in 327. Been looking for the blackhawk but to no avail.i love the cartridge.i've been reloading for it using starlike brass and hornady bullets

·
Registered
458 Posts
I real like my SP101 in .327 myself
Kinda wish the Round would gain popularity
I’d love to see Marlin offer the 1894 in a .327 Carbine

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
The .327 Federal mag. is a neat cartridge, I was looking for one several months ago but all I could find at the time was in the GP100 not any in a SP101! Darn then I saw one in a Taurus double action the same frame as my current Taurus Model 605. But it was not a exposed hammer model so I passed on it. Since that time I acquired as mentioned my Taurus Model 605 in .357/38 special. After pricing the ammo I decided just to stick with shooting .38 specials + p's in my Taurus. I have had Ruger SP101's really nice guns, the .327 in the GP100's are also very nice never saw a .327 in a Ruger Blackhawk but it would be nice being 8 shooter! It's too bad the ammo price's have to be more on the .327 mag at least that's what I have seen in the past!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have both the SP and a BH in 327. Love them. Just wish I could find brass for them. Lgs I bought them from still has a BH left, along with some ammo. I also have an older 32 S&W long, so I load more 32's than 327. Great for punching paper and tin cans, and save the factory stuff for carry.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I don't know how available the 327 Blackhawk is, but a local gun store in Omaha called Guns Unlimited has a new stainless 327 Blackhawk I think with a 5.5 barrel for 599 if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't have the .327, but to have a Single Six in .32 H&R with a 4 5/8ths barrel. Comes as close to a perfect woods gun as I can come up with. Very accurate easy to carry and can be utilized for most game with the proper loads, not talking about big game. I sure like mine and have since 85.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Ruger is no longer making the SP101 in 327. Just wondering are they still making it in the GP100 and in the Blackhawk?
Given that the 327 was introduced and intended as a self-defense cartridge and that the SP 101 was the gun used for its debut, I'd say that is a bad sign. Not good at all. Too bad, because the 327 is a neat cartridge.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Given that the 327 was introduced and intended as a self-defense cartridge and that the SP 101 was the gun used for its debut, I'd say that is a bad sign. Not good at all. Too bad, because the 327 is a neat cartridge.
I agree
The .327 FM is a great Cartridge
The fact that Ruger is not offering a .327FM in the Gun it “Debuted” in, the SP101, does look bad
But since the GP100 came out in .327, maybe the SP sales in it are way down
Who knows ?
I still say a nice Marlin 1894 in .327 FM would Kick @$$

1 - 17 of 17 Posts