Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The grips that came with my Blackhawk convertible are too small. Can't seem to get a good grip with my little finger. Can anyone recommend a larger grip for me? Thank you.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got some from Midway USA for $33. for mine. They are some what bigger and look nice'

·
Registered
649 Posts
Contrary to your belief, Ninety five percent of people that order grips from me want flat bottomed grips and do not shoot with that pinky under method.
I have seen your posts here, and elsewhere on the subject...

It's not just my belief...

Just trying to allow the man to make an informed decision before changing something that IMNSHO, aint broke...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Contrary to your belief, Ninety five percent of people that order grips from me want flat bottomed grips and do not shoot with that pinky under method.
Since you brought it up......what do people want in a grip? I'm still trying to decide about the XR3 grip on my Flattop 44spl.

The factory plastics were too small. I now have a set that are thicker and they are much more comfortable, but, I don't think I like the flare at the bottom of the grip. I'm thinking a grip that is the same thickness top to bottom would be better.

Do people seem to be consistent in what their preferences are for grip shape or is it as varied as the customers themselves?

·
Registered
942 Posts
I've run the Hoages on mine in the past, and they give a good grip feel, and good control, but I don't like the looks of them. So I'm running rosewood on both of my Blackhawks, and just do pinkie under.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
Try pachmyer or look on the classified section of this blog. The classifieds here list some very nice grips that come in several sizes.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Do people seem to be consistent in what their preferences are for grip shape or is it as varied as the customers themselves?
It is varied. I like Bear Paw Grips which are similar to gunfighter grips. I really like how this grip fits my hands. Have them on most of my Ruger revolvers now. BTW, I don't use the pinky under grip. All depends on hand-size, tolerance, recoil sensitivity, and preference.... So, yes, it is varied.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts