Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I stated in another thread that I ordered a new one with the 6.5" barreel because of my old eyes. I do like the 6.5"er on my .41 BH, so was going to do the same with 45C. Well the one that arrived wears a 4 5/8ths"er. Looked it over and decided to keep it for the way it felt, could see the sights and if it becomes a problem know how to modify the front sight. If the temp. gets in the 20s am going to wring out both cylinders. Do like the feel of it. Currently have a number of Ruger SAs: Bearcat from the late 50s, SS from 65 with a 5.5 bbl., SS in .32 H&R Mag/4 5/8ths, BH 50th Year in 357, Bh. .41 with a 6.5", SBH 44 Mag with a 5.5" and now the BH 45 combo. Covers the bases for my needs.

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Heres my 45/45ACP with a 4 5/8" barrel....there great.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wished you had not posted that picture. Why? you ask, look at those grips, wow. Are they avaible commercialy if so where please. Very nice looking Ruger. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
21,469 Posts
I have the same firearm without those sweet looking grips. (for now) Sack Peterson??

·
Registered
110 Posts
Fine looker! The gun and knife were made for each other. I'm drooling.

I have the 5 1/2 incher of that one and I love it, but the 4 5/8" version would be just as fine.

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Thanks Gentlemen,those grips were custom made for me by a very talented "Brother from another Mother".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Enjoy the gun. I have a Black Hawk in .45lc. Mine has a 7.5 inch barrel and I love it. I've been thinking of shooting it in Hunter Pistol Silhouette matches that I shoot in. I'm working on sighting for 50 & 100 meters. But at 11 & 25 yards I can hit the bullseye. It's a fun gun to shoot.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,471 Posts
I'm kind of partial to 4 5/8" Convertibles ... the top one is a 45 Cal, right one is a 357/9mm and the left one is a 22 cal. The grips aren't as pretty as Kiwi's but all of them shoot real nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts