Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just a “plain Jane” Blackhawk 5.5” in 45LC and I am looking to put new grips on it—nothing fancy. It came with the black plastic (?) ones and I would like something a bit beefier. I have Pachmyer on my Security-Six and they have been very good. Any suggestions—I have large hands. Thanks…BCB

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,479 Posts
Here's a nice oversized set I put on my Vaquero. Try a Goggle search by "pistol grips" and you'll get hundreds to choose from.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ruger SA Custom Wood Grips

I know not everyone uses Ebay; but if you go to Ebay and start a search for 'ruger grips' you will find grips made by Ricky Ruvo AKA Skeeter. Many different wood types too choose from. I have won four sets of his handmade grips and can guarantee you will be very pleased with his handiwork. (and the prices are very reasonable). Hope that helps!
www.ebay.com

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, it is the new model. The factory grip is just too small for my hands. I have the pachmayr on my other Rugers and they work well. I might check e-bay or just order a set of the pachmayr Presentation Grips. They are big and bulky and beefy and that is what I have on my Security-Sixes. Not as pretty as wood, but very functional...BCB

·
Registered
211 Posts
I like those grips, who made them? Wasn't the original Vaquero a XR3 frame and the "new" vaquero a XR3RED?

Here's a nice oversized set I put on my Vaquero. Try a Goggle search by "pistol grips" and you'll get hundreds to choose from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts