Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in a new model blackhawk bisley chambered in .357 mag. I have seen a couple on gun broker. It is not on ruger’s website. I recently started reloading and started with .38spl .357mag. I’m thinking I need another revolver to shoot my reloads in. I love the looks of the bisleys. Does anyone know when these were made and for how long? What would be a good price? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention that I’m looking for a long barrel. 6 1/2” or 71/2” I can’t remember.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
I think you will have a easier time to find a New Model Ruger Blackhawk Bisley in a 5.5 barrel and stainless steel. I would say $600.00 & up depending on if the revolver is new or used. I have a very similar Ruger Vaquero Bisley large framed gun. Mine is .357 magnum 5.5 barrel stainless steel and I really like this revolver the Bisley grip makes a big difference with magnum loads!!!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gqucool, how do you like the sights on the vaquero? I am shooting hbwc’s for accuracy. That is the reason that I think I would like the blackhawk with the adjustable rear sight. There are 2 .357 blackhawks with 7 1/2” barrels on gun broker. I probably will not shoot alot of magnum loads, but that bisley grip and hammer really does it for me, as far as looks. Also, I like having all my fingers on the grip.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm surprised the .357 Bisley hasn't been offered more often. Granted the 357 doesn't have the recoil of some of big bore cartridges but I think I'd still like it. (I made the 'mistake' of picking up a Bisley in .45 with a 5.5" barrel - felt just about pefect and kinda got me thinking of doing a Bisley conversion on my beloved .357 NMBH).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 357 in stainless seems to be rather hard to find. I saw them going for 900.00 plus for a used gun on Gunbroker . I wish Ruger would began to offer it new again in 357 . I have it in 45 Colt but it ant cheap to shoot .

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I had a NV stainless Bisley in 357 and, as above, the fixed sights on a Vaquero are minimal and especially so on the stainless. Only way I could use the VQ sights on the stainless was to paint both front and rear black. Without the paint, in some lighting conditions they were all but useless. If you are shooting for accuracy testing, I would strongly recommend the adjustable sights on the Blackhawk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts