Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have any experience with the Blackhawk CQC pistol holsters??
My only experience with polymer holsters was a Fobus which was not too good to say the least. It was a crap shoot whether the gun would come out when you tried to draw. If you tried to draw fast and hard, it would pull your pants up, crush your testicles and still might not come out of the holster.:D Also it don't lay close enough to the body to suit me for concealed carry. I want a paddle holster and am also looking at a couple of leather Bianci and two Safariland laminate models.
Baker

·
Registered
210 Posts
I own one and use it with my Glock 17&22. I really like it alot, if you are looking for one that fits Rugers I think you are out of luck, I think that they do not make them of any of the P Rugers. Pops

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I use a Blackhawk Serpa holster with my XD45 in TSA competition. It works very well. It is only good for carry in cool weather when you can wear a jacket.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pops and Kansas, thanks for the replies. Actually I'm looking for a holster for occasional carry of a 1911. Don't want to spent too much because it will probably be used very little. The danged gun is just to heavy for this old guy to carry much.
Baker

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pops and Kansas, I bought the regular Blackhawk CQC paddle holster for the 1911 and it works pretty good. Doesn't keep the gun as tight to my body as I would wish but I'm fairly good sized and under a heavier shirt it doesn't print so badly that many people would notice. And the retaining screw holds the gun fairly tight but still easy to draw.
Baker

·
Registered
210 Posts
I talked to Black Hawk this week and they are coming out with one to fit the new Glock G21SF with pic rail in Nov. I am glad you are happy with yours. Pops

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sharp one!!! That "heavy" weight of a 1911A1 feels better than a roll of $20s!!! It'll getchahometoMama!!!!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I like that holster btrumanj. Good choice.
This is my Blackhawk Serpa holster with the XD45 Tactical. The XD45 Service does not expose the barrell when it is in this holster.

The lever on the side is a latch. It is easily pushed with your trigger finger when you draw the weapon, It's very natural to press the latch & draw the gun at the same time, then your finger just moves to the trigger guard & your ready to fire. It is very secure & there is very little chance of the pistol coming out of the holster on it's own, or of someone pulling it loose.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kansas, I really like that carbon fiber look. I thought about getting the Serpa but wasn't sure about the retaining latch and since mine for the RIA won't be used that much I went with the cheaper CQC. Think I'll take another look at the Serpa for a couple of other guns.
Baker

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
btrumanj-what holds the paddle in the belt? I like that holster but I've found lots of makers don't have molds for Rugers...or left hand...
kansas45...that's a sharp design...you could climb trees with that one...but with that gun-you could just cut the tree down....:D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sheepdog, the paddle has spurs molded into that point inward and the holster where it attaches has spurs pointing out. Looks kinda flimsy but they hook under the belt and hold the holster very well and easy to put on and off. Think maybe up to a 1 1/2 inch belt. Guess if one was a skinny feller with tight pants you might not even need the belt:)
Btw, they do have right and left hand models but I don't think any for Ruger pistols.
Baker

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So I gotta get a new gun to take advantage of a great holster!!! Works for me...been eyeing the XD45ACP-14 shots of bad medicine...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts