Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I am new to this forum and could use some advice/help. I bought a new super Blackhawk 44 mag in December and took it to the range twice. On the second trip at the range I fired one cylinder full of ammo and one of my cylinders cracked. I sent the gun into ruger and they said the best they could do was offer me a new discounted firearm. This is not what I was expecting being that the gun was new, and owned for less than one month, and I was using factory ammo. I thought Blackhawks should last longer than 56 shots. Any advice on how to proceed would be helpful.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Last year I was using ammo from a small ammo co in NC, it blew the cylinder of a Blackhawk 45 convertible.

I contacted the ammo Co and they realized they should pay up.

So contact the ammo co, hopefully you have pictures. Also, tell them you sent it to Ruger
and give them the case number so they can contact Ruger if the want.

You need the lot number of the ammo on the box, too. They should want the rest of the ammo back to test it.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Ya, I think this should start at the ammo company, not Ruger.

Any kind of a failure with a chamber, at least on this forum, is 100% caused by bogus ammo. Usually a reload that's double charged or more that came from 'somebody' or a gun show.

If this is really a faulty cylinder from Ruger I would consider it a first in my experience.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
My co-coworker gave me 6 .44 reloads that he described as "heat missiles", he's kind of an idiot, I was like "yeah thanks man" , I had given him an extra GP100 rear sight because he dropped his GP100 and broke the sight and happened to mention it to me.........those rounds got thrown deep into the woods as soon as I got home.....I can just picture this guy making ammo having not clue one what he's doing, no way am I firing that stuff. Rule one is don't trust ammo from people who drop guns they've owned for 2 days, probably not a good sign.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Remember, you have a cracked CHAMBER. There are six of those in the one CYLINDER!
How much dirt is in a hole 4ft deep, 4ft wide, and 4ft long?

None.... It's a hole....

A cracked chamber wall is a cracked cylinder. Can't crack a chamber - it's a hole. You can crack a chamber wall, which is the same as cracking the cylinder.

Call Ruger back, if you really were using SAAMI spec factory ammunition, you'll get a new revolver OR they'll help you settle up with the ammo manufacturer to get a new revolver.

·
Premium Member
4,314 Posts
How much dirt is in a hole 4ft deep, 4ft wide, and 4ft long?

None.... It's a hole....

A cracked chamber wall is a cracked cylinder. Can't crack a chamber - it's a hole. You can crack a chamber wall, which is the same as cracking the cylinder.

Call Ruger back, if you really were using SAAMI spec factory ammunition, you'll get a new revolver OR they'll help you settle up with the ammo manufacturer to get a new revolver.
Touche. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts