Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am agressivly looking for a Single Six or BH .32 H&R mag with adjustable sights. I see more with the Vaquero fixed type sight.

My question is since I just plan on going to the range and out into the deseret and gun down paper and scare some cans, is there a real need, other than personal preference, to hold out for an adjustable sight gun? Since the pickins' are pretty slim it may be best to grab what is available, site wise, before the prices get even more out of hand?

Appreciate any thoughts since I know many of you have both BHs and Vaqueros.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I like both and see nothing wrong with taking a fixed site gun on walks. If you really want the adjustable sites, wait. You'll just end up sorry down the road. If you don't mind the fixed sites, go for it! I would. I have no self control. :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know you have no self control BH. It's contagious and I caught it from you. 2 Rugers and a Marlin in the last 10 days. But, writing I will not buy a SP101 1000 time must have worked since I didn't buy one after you started that thread.

I guess because all of my other SAA Rugers are adjustable sights my thing is consistancy just like staying with the 4 5/8 bbl length. Considering my skill as a sharp shooter sights don't mater much anyway.

If anyone sees a .32 Ruger advertised I would appreciate a heads up.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,404 Posts
Chance, I own two Vaqueros ... both with fixed sights. Love the guns, hate the sights. Besides the "adjustable" feature, adjustable sights present a much better sight picture than fixed sights. The big advantage with center fire revolvers is the ability to shoot different power level loads. That requires a decent adjustable rear sight so your load's POI will track. With 22s, that's not a big deal ... most of the ammo will shoot to the same POI. A 32 H&R will shoot 3 different cartridges ... all with different bullet weights and velocities. I would think adjustable sights would be an important feature in a 32 Single-Six (32 H&R is not available in a BH).

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Iowegan, someone said on one of the forums something about a BH beeing chambered in .32 H&R. I just found a Single Six blue, 4 5/8, adjutable sight version in a far off land of ice and snow. Now I have to see about selling the house so I can buy it. It is advertised as Excellent and the pic looks very good. Has the walnut grips, exactly what I am looking for.

Today I was at my local gun store and he just happened to have 1000+ 100gr .32 SWCs that were taking up space in his shop. Out the door I went with them. It's all starting to come together. Will jump on this Single Six as it's the first I have seen with the short barrel AND adjustable sight.

·
16,404 Posts
Go for it, you may not spot another for a long time.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I know you have no self control BH. It's contagious and I caught it from you. 2 Rugers and a Marlin in the last 10 days. But, writing I will not buy a SP101 1000 time must have worked since I didn't buy one after you started that thread.

LOL! I'm a bad influence. I just can't help myself. :D

You made some great gun purchases though. :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
Chance, I've LONG been an 'advocate' of "fixed" sights in a packing, carry, plinking gun....even a home defense firearm of any kind.........too many variables, distiances, time involved and you certainly are NOT going to say to the "bad guy" of the any 'game you may be hunting, stop hold it there,how far away are you so I can adjust my sights.............:rolleyes:

Yes, for competition, target guns, they are needed and necessary, but I KNOW where ALL my guns shoot and hit and adjust accordingly.....If you give me about ANY ones elses firearm in a shot or two , I will know where that one 'hits'............yes, good old Kentucky windage.;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys need to be kind to me. I have one DA now and it confuses me, all them working parts. That one was BH's influence too. And after getting the Single Six .32 H&R Mag I now need permission from my banker AND my wife. I convinced my wife this one is worth it because it has a long name. She bought the "Bountyhunter made me do it" three times but is catching on to that one. Maybe the "Wizard made me do it" will work for a few.

Here's the New Model Super Single Six SSM I got. #650-011XX, 1984 which was the beginning of prodduction.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice! You're collection is coming along nicely. :cool::D
BH. If you would send me that beeeYOUteeeful 4 5/8 bbled .44 Super BH I could just kick back and go shooting instead of searching for the missing link in my collection.

What a great idea. Sometimes I amaze myself.

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
My SP101 is my principal CCW and a great little revolver. It's built like a tank, reliable and fits my hands better than any other handgun I own.

Back on topic I always thought the SS in 32 H&R would be a great little woods gun. Good luck.

·
16,404 Posts
Chance, Wow! That's sure a clean looking SSM. Nice walnut grips too! Good going!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Paid a bit more than I had originally figured since I was using the fixed sights guns for price comparisons. As I started finding the SSM's w/adjustable sights reality struck so I jumped on this one fast.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
chance its your check book and you only go around once in this world buy what you want when you want and when you can.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You got that right Snuffy. I screwed around thinking about one a couple of days ago and when I decided to do it the gun was gone. Wasn't gonna make that mistake again.

That SP101 of Wizards sure looks nice and Boutyhunters pix thread did get the juices flowing. I keep thinking about getting my CCW and the double actions seem more compact that the square semi autos. I do have a P89 tht I don't shoot much.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Chance, that's a beautiful Single Six. I agree with Snuffy. You only go around once in life, and if it doen't make your wife mad, then go for it. I know when the tax rebate gets here, it's probably going straight to the gun store...now, to just pick one of my final list of six.....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts