Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to HLG here, I got my 2020 gun, a lovely stainless 6.5” NM Blackhawk .357 made in 1980. Box, manual, and all!

Family pic here.

I shot it today without glasses or my screwdriver to drift the rear sight, not bad at 10 yards but I will zero it in this weekend and send an update. Once I did that for my blued gun, it became scary accurate, fired one-handed (how I prefer shooting SA because...Elmer Keith) or with two hands.
9577A031-9642-4548-B79B-5FAF11EAA353.jpeg

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is beautiful! Nice pair of single actions. I really love the holster. I tend to bang into stuff wearing a revolver on my hip. The flap helps protect the gun.
The stainless one will be with me farming, in that rig, with 4 hollow points and 2 rounds of snake shot in it.

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on the new BH. Nice pair of wheel guns. I have a SW 25-5 from 1980. It's one of my favorite wheel guns. The rounds are from a review i did for SNS casting.
Beautiful S&W. One day I'll learn to cast bullets. I have been reloading for a few years now, and enjoying it. And 45 Colt is a Caliber I want to add to the collection and my reloading bench.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I thought the same about my super Blackhawk. They sure don't sell though. I had mine listed for two months here and on Armslist at 599 and never got single inquiry about the gun. Traded it yesterday for a Ruger Precision Rifle in 22lr with a nice set of optics and bi-pod.

Live the stainless hope you get a ton of enjoyment out of them.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice looking family. Enjoy the Blackhawk.

Flap holster for me also. I don't carry on my person but still protects revolver when it's laying on a seat or workbench.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like cowboy holster's for my single action's .El Paso saddlery holster's are the way to go for me!

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I need to find that holster. I like it.
They turn up used on eBay, for about 60-75 bucks. Well worth it if you carry as I do, in the field and when farming.

Snakes are already crawling here, too. Used a broom today to steer a Black Racer toward my woodpile. Then I do not tend to see any Copperheads.

·
Registered
370 Posts
It all starts with one......then another......then another.......then........ 😀

I can’t think of a better addiction !

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Nice pair of SAs. And yes, they do tend to accumulate... Since I found my 'perfect set' though, I have slowed way down in the buying department. I was out this afternoon shooting my Ruger .357 flattop, .45 Colt flattop, and of course Single Six .22. Nice way to spend an hour or so at the range.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts