Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finished both of the Blackhawks this week, the first and older .357 4 5/8" had serious rounds thru it, I started there, figured that if I screwed the dog I wouldn't feel so bad, all springs where change out to Wollf, then read about shimming the action here, found TriggerShims.com, highly recommended the folks, both products and service, they make SS shims. I feel it made the project, tighten up both guns and the polishing and stoning of everything, and spring kits in both, they came out better then I could of hoped for. The second a Bisley .45 5.5" is just a smooth as glass, I'll do a range report after this week end, really enjoyed this project, grips will be a bit getting, I went with the Herrett's fit to your hand 8-10 weeks out, see if they worth the wait and cost, if so the Bisley gets them as well, will post some photos after they arrive. I tried using the cylinder end shank shims, but it tighten them up so I couldn't get a .002ths shims in ether gun. :D

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
It's all pretty close - "Blawkhank Turning" in the Single Shot forum instead of "blackhawk tuning" in the Single ACTION forum... So close, on all aspects... :p

It's pretty remarkable how slick Rugers can be made with so little effort. A little more still and things get REALLY interesting. Sounds like you're plenty pleased with your peashooters, so mission accomplished, as they say. :cool:

·
Registered
673 Posts

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Yup. Waiting on some pics and a range report. Sounds like a fine job from here.:)

·
Banned
9,381 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ranger report

Well a photo's worth a thousand words, this is the 45 I am petty happy with it. Load is R-P CAS, 255 SWGC, AA# 9 17 grs., WLP, roll crimped.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The .357

I've never had the best groups with the .357, this is two different loads, the last is a noon, I've got a set of grips coming, feel how its hand placement, not get the same hold each time shot to shot, we will see.

Loads
Star line brass
WSP
HS6 6 GRS & SR 7625 5 GRS
roll crimped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts