Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Ruger ever make a BLUED Redhawk or the like in 44 magnum
and 4"?

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
What about a Stainless Redhawk with a 4.2 inch barrel in .44 magnum?? If you want blued you might want to consider a Ruger Super Blackhawk 4-5/8'or get a blued S&W Model 29 .44 magnum.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been eyeballin' that 4" SS Redhawk...it's got to be one of the finest pieces in the world; and the 4" makes it even better. I guess you're talking about the 5026 ruger redhawk.
Just never did care for the cowboy lookin' gns (Blackhawk) ...they just have a diff. feel in the hand, not the best grip imho

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
You can get stainless steel "blacked", Ruger recently released a black SP101 TALO edition, they sold out quick.

I'm sure the internet could turn up someone who does (Nitride?) coating on stainless.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I sure as heck wish Ruger would market a 4" BLUED Redhawk chambered in .45 Colt. I'm a blued steel dude. I've never taken a liking to stainless. But that's just me. We all have our favorites.

I have a 4" blued GP-100. So far, no complaints. I think that it compares favorable with the S&W 586.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That GP100 will last forever. I once sold mine, 4", (temporarily insane) to an ammo maker - saw him 2 years later, said he'd fired 20,000 rounds through it with no problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts