Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Yup.

RH-445, Model 5014. 44 Mag with a 5.5" barrel
RH-44, Model 5011. 44 Mag with 7.5" barrel
RH-44R, Model 5013. 44 Mag, 7.5" barrel with machined scope ring bases machined into top strap.

All three are blued (RH = blue)

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
That's where they started!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only looked on the ruger site before I asked here, guess if I googled I would have seen it. :eek:

can you folks tell me a little more, production dates, etc.

I also saw a couple shops had them listed, buds for one, but they are "out of stock", does ruger put out a run of them once in a while cause they have no mention of it on their site.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
The blued models are all early production guns. I don't believe there have been any blued Redhawks made in a very long time, decades perhaps. And I would be surprised to see any anytime soon. The Redhawk has teetered on the brink of extinction a number of times. It seems to be enjoying an uptick in popularity over the last year or so but had been dropped completely from the catalog for a while just a couple years back. When the Super Redhawk came along I think the intent was to retire the Redhawk but enough interest and demand has kept the product in production, though at times output is very low or on hiatus.

Your best bet in a blued 44 Mag Redhawk is going to be in the used market. Gun Broker, Guns America, Armslist, etc. may be your friend. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will look there, thanks. If I might ask one more question, please......maybe 2 :D do they command a premium price? What is a fair price or I guess what is the market price now?

Thanks for the info, I've dabbled in ruger collecting a couple of times since the 80's and don't remember these at all. Musta been snoozin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts