Ruger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a blued 7 1/2" Redhawk 44 mag at the LGS today. It was in great shape, asking price $895. I have the stainless version, but it would match my blued 41 mag. I know everything gun related is high, but is this a reasonable price?

·
Corps Commander NGV
7,034 Posts
If you're thinking about it, it must be reasonable. Prices are insane in my opinion. I sure am glad that I got my used stainless .44 Redhawk years ago for $375.00. I remember thinking that the pristine used .44mag Super Blackhawk I paid $450.00 for was a lot of money!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're thinking about it, it must be reasonable. Prices are insane in my opinion. I sure am glad that I got my used stainless .44 Redhawk years ago for $375.00. I remember thinking that the pristine used .44mag Super Blackhawk I paid $450.00 for was a lot of money!
We seem to have traveled the same path in our gun buying. You are right, prices are insane. I would like to have the gun, I just need my "wanter" fixed for now.

·
Corps Commander NGV
7,034 Posts
I think BrewsterII is right. It seems like new, quality, steel revolvers start about $1,200.00 now. I am just old and having a hard time getting used to the new reality. My wages have not risen to where I can spend that much on a gun.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Prices certainly won't come down ... if people keep the demand up. As for a reasonable price.... How badly do you want it? What seems high to me, someone else will snap up without blinking. My gun buying has been brought to a halt as the prices today aren't worth it to me. I don't worry as I have my shooters. I do worry about my kids and grandkids though down the road.... Guns might be just for the 'elite' in society in their day.

·
Registered
559 Posts
While $900 seems high now, it won't be in a few months. Besides, a blued Redhawk is very good looking. I have one with the 7.5 inch barrel 44 mag and I love it. I mounted a Leupold 2x handgun scope on it using factory mounts. It's hefty gun tho.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've recently tried to "reprogram" my gun buying to separate want vs. need, with want still leading the way, as I don't really need any more guns (I do not have a large collection compared to many people.) I don't own any guns that I don't shoot a lot because of their value, etc., but some are tough to shoot much because of their caliber/ammo availability. .327 Fed Mag is an example, and I know a person who is willing to teach me how to hand load and what equipment I will need for that. As for that $900 Redhawk, I don't believe you will find one much less for one in good condition at a gun shop. They need to make money, too. It only depends on how much you want/can spend and how many others are available to you for that price and condition. Just my opinion regarding myself, but this seems to be the opinion of many people I know. Those are nice guns. If you want it, the price seems fair in today's market. Don't wait too long. If you have the cash, buy it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bought my first revolver when I turned 21, 2002. Super Redhawk .454. $550 dollars. Personally I cannot justify the prices they are getting now. I guess if you want it and can afford it, you might swell pull the trigger. Probably going to be 2K in 10 years.

·
Registered
119 Posts
As noted, it’s highly unlikely that quality guns are going to “come down” to pre-Covid, or earlier prices. Ammo? Maybe it comes down a bit. Fuel? Will probably come down a bit.......hopefully.

Inflation is here. How bad and how long it will last is tough to determine.
Macroeconomics is pretty much outside of, and well beyond, my skill set...............come to think about it..........not sure anyone has ever figured it out enough to make consistently accurate forecasts.
Anyone over 60 will chronically suffer from sticker shock, be it guns, milk, gas, rent, real estate, and so on.
I vividly remember my wife’s grandfather (born 1905) constantly beeching about the cost of..........well.......everything..........back in the early 90s.
And well............here I am now.............in the same boat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As a few others have already said; If it's got the box, and is in good shape, that's a pretty fair price in today's market.

What I've seen is that the blued model Redhawks are made in limited runs. The majority of the Redhawks are the brushed stainless finish. So if you specifically like the blued finish, you better jump on it while you can.

Whatever you choose, I hope you like it.

·
Registered
Firearms enjoyer!
11 Posts
It’s only money! If you want it and can afford it without creating any issues go for it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts