Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this will cause alot of questions of why?!? But just wanted to let everyone know i just ordered the MSH and jig from Ed Brown to do the bobtail on my SR1911. I really like the way the bobtail feels and love my SR1911 so I figured why not. I will post pics up as soon as everything gets here and it gets done. There is a guy on the rugerforum.com that has pics up of his that he did earlier this month.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K57 what part of Texas are you from, if you don't mind me asking? I grew up in dfw area. Now live in Lindale/Tyler area, and work all over Texas

·
Banned
619 Posts
I live in Brownwood. About 90 miles SE of Abilene and about 90 NE of San Angelo.

Love that GP-100 in your avatar pic! ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HappilyAddicted- that's what finally made me decide I wanted to do mine parts shipped today so if work cooperates hopefully will have it done next week

K57-I really like it in 9mm... It's a great shooter and very easy to carry when I want to carry something different

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
HappilyAddicted- that's what finally made me decide I wanted to do mine parts shipped today so if work cooperates hopefully will have it done next week

K57-I really like it in 9mm... It's a great shooter and very easy to carry when I want to carry something different
Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I will post pics up as soon as everything gets here and it gets done.
I look forward to pics. to see how it turned out.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just an update the housing and the jig have arrived i went with the Ed Brown Smooth bobtail... The gun is going with my dad this weekend so he can start doing the fitting and everything he is also going to do rebead blast it when he is done so the finish will all be matched up

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Final fit and dad reshaped the housing a little too to get it to match up better with the frame

1 - 20 of 44 Posts