Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the basic 10/22 a year or so ago, and it's been fun to shoot, and fun to customize (new stock, new barrel, new mag release, new buffer, new bolt lever, new take-down screw). But in the process, I've had a chance to look at other 10/22's and I find other bolts are far more nicely finished than mine. Mine is a rougher casting, and the machined surfaces are not a nicely polished as several other stock factory bolts have been. Mine has slightly uneven edges and machine marks still quite visible. Does Ruger fit better finished bolts on some models?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine came back from repairs yesterday (new bolt and trigger assembly). The Bolt looks rough on the surface. Even looks like there is a deep cut in one part. It shoots and extracts great though so I can't complain. The machining doesn't seem too good though as far as craftsmanship goes.

It might be luck, I don't want to trash talk ruger but it seems like QC dropped slightly.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Mass produced, production line $200 .22lr plinker. Function over fashion. If fancy is that important, spend the $90 +/- for an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mass produced, production line $200 .22lr plinker. Function over fashion. If fancy is that important, spend the $90 +/- for an aftermarket one.
Wasn't really complaining it shot real good, was just an observation is all. It's kick a$$ for what it is. Like you said a $200 22lr plinker.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Wasn't really complaining it shot real good, was just an observation is all. It's kick a$$ for what it is. Like you said a $200 22lr plinker.
So long as it's shooting good, I'd be content. :) be the paper or the pest you're ridding your area of, it won't care what that rapidly moving piece of metal looks like. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts