Ruger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I had the chance to handle the Bond Bullpup (slightly updated version of the Boberg) at the NRA Carry Guard Expo last weekend. I'd really like to shoot one. Great little pistol.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What's The Best Accurate Bond Arm Gun

Hi Guys :)
Can any you guys/gals tell me which is the BEST Bond Arms Gun to have 4
accuracy and what's the best length :confused:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I think them a neat novelty. But as they are as expensive and no more concealable than say a micro 9mm or 380, which holds far more shots, why put yourself at the disadvantage of having just a few shots?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Guys :)

Can any you guys/gals tell me which is the BEST Bond Arms Gun to have 4

accuracy and what's the best length :confused:

suggest start with a 410/45lc with a 4.25" or 3.5" barrel. add large rubber grips. use only handgun specific 410 ammo for your wrist's health. add a 3" barrel in your favorite handgun caliber, i.e. either 9mm, 357/38 or 45acp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think them a neat novelty. But as they are as expensive and no more concealable than say a micro 9mm or 380, which holds far more shots, why put yourself at the disadvantage of having just a few shots?

bond arms derringers are certainly expensive niche pieces, and probably not advised to be anyone's first handgun. that said, b.a. are stout, dont print, are virtually unbreakable, allow ammo scrounging with easily changed barrels and are unique. this opinion is from a nra lifer who doesn't own an ar/ak rifle, or a 9mm or 45acp semiauto pistol. free choice is wonderful.

·
Banned
586 Posts
I love my Snake Slayer in .45/410.

So much that I hope to add their BACKUP in either 9mm or .45 ACP
later on this year.

The BACKUP is as cool looking as my stainless beast.

The 9mm barrel would be for cheap practice, or cary with some
+P ammo:

.45 ACP for carry:

I'm pretty excited about the BACKUP that I'll be buying in a couple months.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i suggest 9mm over 45acp as a secondary cartridge out of a bond arms derringer. 9mm is cheaper and much softer shooting, or to put it another way, 9mm is fun, 45acp is work.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I have the 9mm barrels for the snake slayer and it's a good combo to have, put rubber grips on it was a great upgrade for a few bucks.

·
Banned
586 Posts
I do like my Snake Slayer with .45 COLT ammo, esp. with the Double Tap ammo.

However, now that I'm finally a GP44 owner.

I'll be selling my 1894 Marlin in .45 Colt, and also buying a set of .44 Special barrels for
my derringer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Love mine Snake Slayer, great conversation piece at the range, built like a tank but not a carry gun, even as a backup gun. Way to slow to get the shots off and not accurate at much of a distance. Good carry in the woods with 410 rounds for snakes as the name implies.

Picking up a Bond Arms Bullpup 9MM tomorrow, will post my experience with that gun. Can't wait.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Love mine Snake Slayer, great conversation piece at the range, built like a tank but not a carry gun, even as a backup gun. Way to slow to get the shots off and not accurate at much of a distance. Good carry in the woods with 410 rounds for snakes as the name implies.

Picking up a Bond Arms Bullpup 9MM tomorrow, will post my experience with that gun. Can't wait.
I've had the chance to handle the Bond Bullpup, but never the opportunity to fire one. With the high price, I need to fire one before I think about putting it on the "to buy" list.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Twin Texas Defenders

I personally own 2 Texas Defenders now. I wanted 2 to be able to hand down one to each of my kids. Currently have the 327, 38/357, 40S&W, 9mm, 45LC, and 410/45LC. My most recent Texas Defender I ordered through Buds Gun Shop with the 9mm barrel. I can't wait to try this 9mm. I wanted these mostly for concealed carry and as a SASS match "House Gun". So far I only have one holster, which is the BAD Driving Holster, in black with a silver star. This holster is a very snug fit for the Texas Defender. The manufacturing of these guns are OUTSTANDING. I will run a better test with all these barrels soon to see which barrel works best.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Who makes COWBOY ("Six Shooter") GRIPS to fit these Derringers?
(The ones in Pinterest are no longer available!)

I'm waiting for my SS IV (on layaway) and have Carpal Tunnel.
A 9mm 6" barrel for it, could be next.

·
Super Moderator
21,349 Posts
What length .410 shells will the 3.5" snake slayer accept?

·
Super Moderator
21,349 Posts
I picked mine up this week, a 3.5" Snake Slayer in 45C/.410 and had to put a couple rounds thru it. All I had was 3" Federals in #6 shot. Recoil was much less than I anticipated and so went out and bought some 000 Buck and some 2 1/2" #6's. Plan to do a little hiking in FL state Forest's this winter and figured any excuse to own a new gun. The Bond is rock solid and locks up tight. I figure with 5 000 Buck rounds in a 3" shell at close range it would be a nasty surprise to a car jacker. I ordered the Bad Driving holster from Amazon and a sticky/IWB pocket holster. Not sure I would use it IWB option without a clip. Really don't want to have to go fishing in my pants to find it while in Lowes or a grocery store. For carry I will likely still go with my Sig P938 with 6+1 9MM but the Bond will get use hiking, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Well folks I'm gonna have to eat my words in the page 1 of this post, Since I've been visiting my new LGS and they had two Bond Derringers on the display shelf one with the .357 barrel, and one with the 3" 45LC/410 barrel. I decided on the .45LC/.410 shotgun. Since that time I've purchased 4 additional barrels for it in the .45acp, the .357, .22WMR, and the 9MM.

Talk about addicting wow I'm completely gone, also the cross draw holster is now in my possession. It definitely rides along with me when driving my motorhome to it's next destination, and is a 3" barreled Critical Defense (Triple Defense) two .410 gauge shells to any likely intruder (car jacking).

BTW I still have my American Derringer in the double action .38 Special which also is a hoot to shoot

·
Registered
103 Posts
with 3 and multiple barrels to my name i’m a big bond arms fan, except for the new low cost roughneck. buyer beware, the lower level of finishing does make a difference in its reliability. my 357/38 roughneck needed a $40 trip back to the factory via my ffl to smooth out the internals enough so that the barrel would open without forcing the lever on the edge of the shooting table. when all is said and done a used regular b.a. is a better buy than a new roughneck.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I haven't had any issues with my 45Colt/410 Roughneck and I been shooting it every week all summer. Well worth the money if you are on savings side.

·
Super Moderator
21,349 Posts
Wasn't too impressed with how the 3" Federal #6's patterned so will try 2 1/2" Winchesters. Hickock45 said he got tighter patterns with the 2 1/2" so will give it a try. Don't expect I'll have to use it but if I do would like to know how each BBL patterns at 10'.

The 2 1/2" 000 buck had a little snap to it. There were "only" 3 pellets the diameter of a 357 mag bullet.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts