Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,097 Posts
turnkey, I have one but it's a little bigger than the one you referenced. 5.5 mm … it barely fits in a 22 LR barrel. It's pictures are nice and sharp. The endoscope I bought was about 20 bucks and has a USB connector that plugs into my PC or laptop. You can take "still" pictures or a video of your bore (in color) that will show any fouling, cylinder-to-bore alignment or other bore conditions. Not something I use very often but it's nice to look at a bore after you go shooting to make sure you got it cleaned.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turnkey, I have one but it's a little bigger than the one you referenced. 5.5 mm … it barely fits in a 22 LR barrel. It's pictures are nice and sharp. The endoscope I bought was about 20 bucks and has a USB connector that plugs into my PC or laptop. You can take "still" pictures or a video of your bore (in color) that will show any fouling, cylinder-to-bore alignment or other bore conditions. Not something I use very often but it's nice to look at a bore after you go shooting to make sure you got it cleaned.
I like yours, but thought it was interesting that the scope was so small.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Similar to my Teslong, but I don’t need to scope anything under .20 cal.........If it works as good as Teslong it would definitely be worth buying.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have an endoscope, but forgot the manufacturer. It is small enough to go into a .22 barrel. DIY colonoscopies will save you additional money too.

·
Premium Member
13,897 Posts
I have an endoscope, but forgot the manufacturer. It is small enough to go into a .22 barrel. DIY colonoscopies will save you additional money too.
Ride the steel snake? Don't know if I would be putting that one in the barrel of my favorite rifle...............

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the ValueGear endosnake kits with longer USB wiring, several sizes of camera. They each have different focal lengths, different max possible resolution, and the Wifi module for iPhone worked fine for me. I feel like they are useful, but I may not have needed all the sizes.
The smallest one with longer metal housing is aluminum, and works great in 223 and 22lr barrels. It’s not going to cause any wear running thru a barrel of even cheap quality.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!

·
Registered
19 Posts

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!

·
16,097 Posts
lordmorgul, Half of the bore looks nice …. the other half, not so much. Good photo!

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,581 Posts
Looking for Bore Scope for my 22LR firearms and my AR's. Been following thread since it started. I need nothing fancy just do not want to end up with another box of items I do not use like holsters etc.
*Will be used on my bench just for inspection and maintenance.
*The link to the Game Changer 3.9MM Endoscope looks promising and cost effective. Is there any reason this one will NOT fit the bill for me? Needed for 22LR
Use with 22LR, 5.56/223, 38spc., 9MM and 357.

·
16,097 Posts
rickclark28, Endoscopes come with different connectors, cable lengths, and focus distances. I found a 5.5mm color endoscope with a 16 foot cable (way too long but still usable) with a USB connector that had a .2 inch focus distance. This was about the best I could find for inspecting gun barrels and only cost about 20 bucks.

I don't know what the specs for the Game Changer 3.9mm is but if it has the right connector for your computer or smart phone and has a good close distance focus and a shorter cable, it would be worth owning.

The unit Terry N. posted above, looks like a good deal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts