Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Valparaiso, IN gun show today. Did some horse trading and sold my LC9. Looked at some other single stack 9mm for my CCW, was kinda leaning toward a Shield. In the end picked I up an LC9s. Very pleased with the deal, plus I already have an extra mag, and an N82 Tactical, Inc. holster for it. The new trigger feels great, can't wait to try it out.

Also purchased the extended 9rd mag for it also. I really like how it fits and looks considering it's an extension. I know many do not like the manual safety, but that's my preference compared to the pro model. I'm very comfortable sliding my thump over the safety on my SR9c, as I practice it over and over.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Congratulations. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Because of the better trigger, I often shoot my LC9s as well as I shoot the SR9c.

It's a lot easier to conceal the LC9s, though.

Congrats.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
That's great! I'm giving real consideration to that l'il gun too.

Every single thing I've read about the LC9S says that, like diamondback said, if you liked your LC9 you're going to love the LC9S. Let us know after you shoot it a little.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You'll love it! But i by some odd chancef you decide to throw it away I'll send you my waste bucket.

Seriously, you'll love it. But practice dry firing that little sweetheart 'cause that trigger will break before you're ready since you've been accustomed to the trigger on the LC9!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really liked the LC9, just got tired of the trigger difference between that and my SR9c at the range. I'm glad I stuck with Ruger. I really had my eye on the Shield, but couldn't quite decide. The dealer told me he sells a lot of Shields, but then gets many of them back on trades. That kinda surprised me based on the love I see for them online. He said he doesn't think he has ever had someone want to trade an LC9s back in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can't imagine any concealed carry gun (under 20 oz) being any better or even equal to the LC9s. It's that good, and I either have or have shot them all. Rohrbaugh, Boberg, Kahr PM, Shield, etc. And the LC9s is a third the cost of some of those. I think I'm sold!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have been waffling between the shield and the LC9s. I have shot the shield and like it but a friend who has shot both likes the trigger on the Ruger much better.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Nice OP! Do you think the rigger is better than the original hammer fired gun?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had an LCP but I sold it a couple months ago. That lil thing was a snapping turtle, it tried to eat my hand. Actually painful to shoot. But dang it was a beauty to conceal. It was so light it could ride shotgun in my sun visor. I immediately missed it after I sold it.

So I started looking for a replacemt to ride in my sun visor. I had shot a buddy's LC9, and no likey that trigger (LCP's didn't thrill me either). I was dicking around the range I belong to and saw the LC9s. I dry fired it a few times and said, Wow! They had one to rent, so I shot a box. I was somewhere between pleasntly surprised and in love.

So next week when I get my Obama welfare check I shall own one. I've been browsing forums and it looks like there is confirmation of my thoughts on it. It'll be nice having a little buddy riding above my head again. I kinda feel like I'm driving naked right now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congratulations...my everyday carry. I am quite happy with the way the gun handles and shoots. I also use the extended magazine too..cut's down on the whip. I'm an avid walker/hiker and this gun carries on my hip great...I use a LCP for backup and I am set to go. Must be something in that Hoosier water. :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Have both the Shield and Lc9s. Love them both. The Lc9s fits the pocket carry just a little better. About 350+ round thru now and really like it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My carry choice is the LC9s. Nice pistol, great accuracy. Ruger rebuilt my original one, had feed and mag drop issues. They did a really nice job and really fast too!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congratulations! Don't forget your $100 trade-in credit offer: Ruger® LC9® Trade-In Promotion
I purchased mine a week before the promotion started. I asked Ruger to cut me a break, but they wouldn't budge. Not real happy about that, but it is what it is. Still love the LC9s. Very impressed with the accuracy. I added some Talon grips, and TruGlo sights, very pleased.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Congrats on the new LC9s. I've been considering trading my SR9c for one. The single stack is just a better all around choice for carrying imho. I'm also in the minority with you, and prefer the manual safety on my pistols.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats on the new LC9s. I've been considering trading my SR9c for one. The single stack is just a better all around choice for carrying imho. I'm also in the minority with you, and prefer the manual safety on my pistols.
Nooooo, don't trade the SR9c, nothing wrong with having both! :) I have each of them. I switch between them for carry, and keep the SR on my nightstand with a light mounted on it at night. The 17 round mag makes it full size, and is fun at the range. I've always felt better with the manual safety, glad I'm not alone, but there's not many of us.

My thumb goes right over it as I'm drawing, and it's switched off before the gun is out of the holster. Someday I might change my thinking on that, but for now I'm content with my Ruger's and their manual safety's.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Nooooo, don't trade the SR9c, nothing wrong with having both! :) I have each of them. I switch between them for carry, and keep the SR on my nightstand with a light mounted on it at night. The 17 round mag makes it full size, and is fun at the range. I've always felt better with the manual safety, glad I'm not alone, but there's not many of us.

My thumb goes right over it as I'm drawing, and it's switched off before the gun is out of the holster. Someday I might change my thinking on that, but for now I'm content with my Ruger's and their manual safety's.
Yep, my service pistols (1911 & M9) both had manual safeties, and were never an issue. It becomes second nature with enough training.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts