Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little embarrassed, being new here and all and this being a Ruger site.

I went to the LGS today fully intending to buy an LCP custom. Gun stores are such fun places to hang around, this one had free coffee and a group of guys fondling the merchandise and talking guns. I joined right in. Thats where I made my mistake. Instead of just buying the LCP and leaving I began to shop like my wife, looking at everything. I had to drink my coffee after all.

I heard a tiny voice say "I'm over here". I looked around and didn't see any one and then realized the voice was comming from the display case, more specifically from the S&W Bodyguard. I picked it up and it snuggled into my hand and looked at me like a beagle puppy. I was smitten. The salesman came up to me and said " I have one of those and it would be the last one of mine that I would sell, I love it."

Unlike the LCP it has a safety, and it locks open after the last round. And, and it followed me home.

I joined the Ruger website because I was going to buy a Ruger, and now I didn't. Can I stay anyway?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Don't worry no one will hold it against you. Most of us own more than one brand. Buy and shoot what makes you happy and fits your needs. By the way, I have a Kahr CT380 besides my Rugers!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Don't tell anyone, but I sold a Ruger to get my Sig. Shhhhhhh.

And I have a M&P and it is a nice gun...anywho, welcome from Florida :)

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I have a Shield and I love it. I've been resisting the urge to get a full size M&P for quite some time.

·
Registered
947 Posts
There's nothing wrong with variety...that's the fun of collecting and shooting. I also have the S&W Bodyguard with the laser for my old eyes.:cool: The long trigger stroke takes some getting used to especially if you have large hands like me, but after a couple of hundred rounds, it's worked out well enough to be my summer pocket pistol.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I also picked a BG380 over an LCP, although I got mine when both were fairly new, not the revised versions. I couldn't shoot the original LCP as well as the BG. I added Talon grips and they make the BG feel and shoot even better. I also like that it has real sights and the slide stays open after last round. I like my Rugers, but bet you won't be sorry you got the BG. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
There, there..it's ok to diversify....( root word: divide) your allegiances ...I too own and S&W M&P Shield 9MM as well as a Ruger Mark III Target pistol...

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Six Ruger handguns, one Browning Buckmark and a Glock G26.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Welcome to the group! As for buying a M&P S&W make a great gun! I have the S&W M&P 9mm Shield LOVE it! I also have the Ruger SR series 9E F/S which was my CCW! :) Psss do not tell anyone but my 9E is now my night stand gun and the Shield is my primary CCW :O But don't tell no one lol.....
As time goes on you will buy more guns I am sure, So when you go to a F/S Look into the Ruger SR Series! Great guns..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome to the home of firearm knowledge. Anything you could think of and ask will immediately begin to be processed by the gun brain trust that resides here.

I carry a S&W M+P.40c and love it. I also carry some full size when I can cover them.

I want a smaller carry gun that will be easy to just stick in my pocket and will be picking up a new Ruger when I can get to the LGS. I haven't completely decided on .380 or 9mm but leaning towards the 9mm since I already have several others in that caliber.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I added a S&W M&P Shield 9mm to my collection. Size and hand fit I like. Hope to get to the range Monday or Tuesday for some shooting time.

I also have a Ruger SR9C and a P89. No problems with them.

The Shield is my second S&W M&P. The other being a .22. It seems to handle newer .22lr fine. It doesn't like some of the older stuff I have laying around.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Look at my screen name. I went to the lgs to buy a sr40 lol. Kind of glad I held off cause now I have an excuse to buy the ruger American pistol.

·
Registered
458 Posts
lol, i have 2 M&Ps, Springfield, Taurus, Stag, Remington. i love all brands and everything is different. get what suites you.. this is a great forum, lots of great people with great advice on this forum..

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Don't feel bad...I sold my Gen 1 LCP after I bought my LCP Custom, sold my LC9 after I bought my Springfield XDs 3.3 9mm and sold my SR9 after I bought my Beretta 92FS Vertec Inox.

I still have four Ruger handguns though, and will probably add the Ruger American Pistol when they come out with a compact or subcompact model.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have many Rugers. Just love their revolvers. But the one firearm I'd say is my favorite is my S&W Model 41 (22lr) in a 7" barrel. Had it for almost 35 yrs. Shoots everything you feed it. Breaks down in an instant when you need to clean. It is the first firearm I let any beginner shoot as a 1st time shooter. It's as accurate as they come & builds confidence in new shooters instantly. Very little recoil in an all steel frame in 22lr, so there's no flinching. Have the original box & receipt $333 OTD. The current MSRP is almost $1400.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Take it back now there hammer is designed wrong,get the ruger. The bodyguard is junk just take it apart and look at parts or look at how hammer rubs. Any dirt or lint causes light strikes. They won't address the issue because it means they have to admit they all are defective. You'll send it to them and they say that it's in spec or its your ammo. No it's because the hammer is designed wrong and is not designed to be a carry whop in just a novelty. There a fix but s&w won't do it.

·
Super Moderator
16,253 Posts
Hello DG ... Welcome from SW Ohio and congrats on your new Bodyguard ... Glad to have you aboard!

You will likely add a Ruger at some point, but even if you don't for some inexplicable reason :eek:, you're still welcome to talk guns here :)

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Welcome to the forum you will like it here. I have a bunch of Rugers, and a bunch of other brands. I like the M&P series. I have full size 9mm, 45acp. They take turns as my night stand gun. I may be trading for the M&P 9 compact. My youngest son really likes my Kel Tec sub 2000 so we may trade and when I tip over for the last time he gets M&P back. It's a win, win for him.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts