Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I made a list of all the guns I've owned, 1979 to now. I can't remember any more today, so I guess it's right. It's a few more than I had thought it would be, still only 26. The breakdown is interesting, to me anyway.
Of the 26, 18 have come and gone.
I've owned 2 rifles, both 10/22, a carbine and a DSP.
12 Rugers, 14 of 7 other brands.
16 rimfires, 10 centerfire.
13 pistols. 11 revolvers (4 .22 SA).
The only guns I totally regretted buying were four, yes four, Beretta 21As. Two blue, two Inox. I kept hoping they would work well and none did. If you subtract them, revolvers outnumber pistols. One less brand, no other Berettas.

Right now I own 3 Rugers and 5 others, as of April. As in my forum signature. First time the "others" have outnumbered Rugers.
I was planning to keep it at 5, 3 Ruger and 2 NAA, until I caught a Zastava bug and bought three. Considering my age, the list won't get any bigger, and will likely shrink more in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The only guns I’ve ever sold were;

A Ruger .22 bolt action. (Pretty but pointless)

Ruger GP100 .357 (Hand Cannon)

Taurus .38 revolver (Unimpressive workmanship in the 90s)

Remington 870 Wingmaster 12ga. (No longer trap shooting)

Browning Citori O/U 12 ga. (No longer skeet shooting)

·
Pony Soldier
9,234 Posts
I have never sold a gun, starting with 2 Ithacas, a 22 single shot lever rifle and a Model 37 12 Ga. I got as a kid.
My children can sort it all out!
Greg

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I keep my collection smaller due to my perfectionistic nature and low iq. I sold 1 gun in my life to a back 40 nieghbor about 3 years ago and I still regret it. Hes a good friend, a fellow gun nut, ( sadly he likes glocks) and hes happy with the dpms oracle I sold him, but I miss it. Cant part with them

·
Super Moderator
6,126 Posts
I have been forced to sell a few guns back in my college days to make ends meet and I wish I had every one of them back. I sold a T/C Black Diamond, a Browning BPS, a Remington 700 in .308, a Remington 788 in .223, and a CZ .22 rifle, I think a 452.
So, now I don’t sell. Even guns that don’t get shot very often right now still have a place in my safes because interests and needs are always changing, and I will have a renewed interest in it later on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts