Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought this ruger m77 used at my local gun store.I traded it for my remington 770 because the other day at the range my remington fired whenever i flicked the safety off and my fingers were nowhere near the trigger. That kind of scared me and deterred me even more from it because of the horrible action. I was wondering though because im not going to be able to get to the range until later this week, is this ruger model 77 a good gun? is it accurate? the action is real smooth and its in gorgeous condition. It appears to be about 10-15 years old. Its a 30-06 and has the tang safety. I was also wondering about the scope as well its a simmons deerfield 4x12x40 it seems like a decent scope. Feel free to give me your opinions and tell me anything you guys know about this gun

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I have two one is a 280Rem the other is a 338 Win both are very accurate reliable rifles. I don't know about your scope. I have Leupolds on mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have two one is a 280Rem the other is a 338 Win both are very accurate reliable rifles. I don't know about your scope. I have Leupolds on mine.
sweet thanks, would you happen to know particularly how old this one is?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
good rifle ,should be very accurate, low end scope

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Yes, it is a wonderful gun, to be quite frank. I used to trade every single gun I'd buy for another kind of gun, because nothing suited me. That all changed when I bought my Ruger M77, I have had offers of up to 500$ (they wanted my Leupold 3-9X scope as well) and I refused them outright. So, if it calmed my burning fire to buy something "better", it is a darn finerifle!

You will love it, of that I am 99% confident.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
It has been a Ruger Day for me... Well, Two out of Three deals done today were for Ruger's...and One for an upgrade to my CZ 527.

First- here is my new (almost) in the box, built in May 2012, Ruger Model 77 in 44 magnum caliber. An Armslist deal, It is a fine addition to the Armory, and will probably become my Indiana Deer Hunting Gun...since the wife took over the Ruger 44 mag Carbine recently. I can finally put away the slug-guns for hunting near home.
Between now and Xmas it will get a light-weight Laminate stock, and a scope to match the rings and receiver....probably a 3x9x40mm, but we'll see.

2nd on the Ruger List- My first Mini-14 with a folding stock. Stainless. In good condition. I traded two handguns for it, no cash involved. Not sure if I will keep the stock...I prefer the wood or laminate over folders or synthetic.

My CZ 527 in 7.62x39mm has been here about a month. I finally got some rings that fit ($40.00) and mounted a good scope. It is a real tack-driver at 80-100 yards or so. I think this one will be a keeper.

So it has been a busy Ruger Day for the Mayor !!!

·
Super Moderator
21,666 Posts
My M77 in 270 Win will shoot to 3/4" @ 100 yards all day with my handloads. I use it for hunting and it is a fine rifle.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I personaly like the older Ruger M77, also I am a fan of the Tang safety. I figure the rifle will surprise you once you have time to shoot it. Good Luck..Ray

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Ray,
I get nervous at surprises...what do you mean? A Good Surprise? or a 'Knock you on ur butt" surprise? Tell me about your experience with the 77-44, please.
AL

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
The 30-06 has killed every game animal in north America and most of the rest of the world. I like tang safeties and get them where possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.