Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added another revolver to my collection ...A GP 100 4 inch stainless allready had a 6 inch Blued version, before year runs out & El Bobo comes back from his hawaiian vacation .Everything seems to be in working condition with no problems on test fire... sights way off (adjustable )... laser bored them to 25 yards on Able target , could not be happier with the purchase , probably will add a wolf spring to both of them though. Hope everyone has a very merry Christmas ... remember the ones that can't be home and what that was like for you
Semper fi Brothers
Texas Out

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new GP.......We need pics!!!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yeah, pics are always good and congrats on the new gp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roger that Bros soon as I rip those Hogues off!! Lol and put some better furniture on...I saw ruger store reintroduced some side panel combos , but might give the chig/alt's a try
Texas Out

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've got a GP100 MC with adjustable sights. Had it in the shop to fix cases sticking in the cylinder. Works great and shoots great groups. The 4.2" barrel was made to keep the Canadian government happy. I find it to be a good CCW.

·
Banned
84 Posts
blue

For some reason I want a blued GP100 4.2 don't know why just like them!!
I want one as well. Already have one is Stainless Steel but the blued version looks really good, especially with the original-style grips (not a big fan of the look of the Hogue grips).

BK

·
Registered
98 Posts
Beautiful choice 4.2 stainless is great choice. Perfect time to pick one up.

Chigs is a must! I agree about Hogue grips not my cup of tea. Find them too large but those new Altamont with Chigs panels perfect and old school classy.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I saw ruger store reintroduced some side panel combos , but might give the chig/alt's a try
Texas Out
If you're considering Chigs, the cheapest way to go is to get the rubber from him too. It is plain so the Altamonts look better but is functionally the same.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Added another revolver to my collection ...A GP 100 4 inch stainless allready had a 6 inch Blued version, before year runs out & El Bobo comes back from his hawaiian vacation .Everything seems to be in working condition with no problems on test fire... sights way off (adjustable )... laser bored them to 25 yards on Able target , could not be happier with the purchase , probably will add a wolf spring to both of them though. Hope everyone has a very merry Christmas ... remember the ones that can't be home and what that was like for you
Semper fi Brothers
Texas Out
My experience has been that if you mess with Ruger springs trying to get an effortless (sweet) trigger, you will get light strikes and the unreliability of that. I guess that transfer bar requires a good whack.

Rugers have their own skill level.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Congrats on the new GP100. My 4.2" is my favorite shooter along with my Rossi 92 lever rifle. Makes a great combo.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I kick myself daily for selling my GP100 in 6in and 4in. I got the 6in when they came out, and the 4in a year later. Got so into 1911s I sold all my revolvers. Never again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

OK guys I've never uploaded a photo in my life, but I will sort it out ...even if I have to ask my daughter lol, I wanted to show before and after of my two gp100's....I'll get there but still waiting on chigs

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Although 5" in the picture, here is a grip idea you might want to consider.

I decided to retain the larger size grip, since the gun is never concealed. I saved the smaller one for when I get my 41 Special conversion of a 3" GP back.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts